the Rift

[PRIVATE] White Lace And A Black Cloak [Crowley]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo
You're busy dying if you're living in the past
A soft chuckle could be heard coming from his side, emitted by his basically invisible company. Her thanks nearly caused Crowley to chuckle himself, but he staved it off with a bemused grin instead. Arah seemed a pleasant mare to be around, not brash nor declaring her ability to find her way to the light on her own like the brindle was certain many would. Her voice was was soft, clear and steady, which helped to ease the startling knowledge that their sun had abandoned them.

When Arah spoke mention of his daughter, the Weaver glanced to the left in her direction, but the darkness prevented him from actually seeing anything. "Oh?" He inquired curiously, the thought of his currently slumbering daughter bringing a strange warmness to his otherwise cold heart. Though Crowley would never admit it to anyone but Rhiannon, he loved the filly dearly, and was happy to hear that she had been meeting others that called the Basin home. A chuckle finally slipped from between his lips at Arah's next words, and he gave a concise nod of his head. "What you say is true; that girl could put anybody's sanity to the ultimate test. It's a good quality for her to have though, I suppose. I hope she wasn't too much of a bother to you."

The Weaver had meant to say more, but as they drew closer to the lake and its light finally spilled across them, he was taken by surprise when he finally laid eyes on the mare. Her coat was a nearly perfect match to the snow covering their home, and like something out of a fairytale her mane and tail both trailed along the ground as she walked. The antlers anchored into her skull were admirable, and Crowley could only shudder at the thought of the damage they could cause. Her eyes were a brilliant golden hue, putting his own to shame. With one look at them, Crowley's next few steps were somewhat hesitant before he remembered himself and looked back to the lake.

As they reached the edge of the lake and came to a halt, Crowley was startled to realize that he didn't want to separate from Arah just yet. He'd only just started to speak to her, and already he was intrigued, yearning for more. Rhiannon, as much as the Weaver adored his one and only daughter, couldn't discuss the topics of adulthood and things like Gods quite yet, so Crowley would take advantage of the opportunity right in front of him.

"There's no need to thank me," he reassured, turning his head to cast her a cursory smile before returning his gaze to the strange sight of the lake. Though it didn't seem to radiate any sort of danger, the light it emitted was eerie and unexplainable, just as the disappearance of the sun was. Crowley couldn't help but wonder in the back of his mind, however, if there was anything more wrong within Helovia; were other herdlands affected, or was the Basin the only targets of this infernal night?

Hearing the Impersonator's next words, however, the stallion's brow furrowed momentarily before looking back to the antlered mare. "Magic has left us as well?" He inquired, taking a moment to try and grasp the magic coursing through his own veins, but there was a void where there shouldn't have been. It was a disturbing realization. With a haggard sigh, the Weaver pursed his lips in thought. "I've heard that before my time here, that the Moon once banished the Sun from the Sky. Though, I do not see the slightest hint of the Moon in the sky, either."

[ooc - I am so, so, so sorry for the wait, Frostie! D: ]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
White Lace And A Black Cloak [Crowley] - by Arah - 06-22-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: White Lace And A Black Cloak [Crowley] - by Crowley - 08-25-2013, 05:06 AM