the Rift

i. enter the beast

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!
 nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.</style>
image by jason-samfield @ flickr.com</style>

Lyhty had seen him first. Curious dark eyes, little beads glittering in the light, as the small bird floats around the stallion who moves with such a sluggish pace he finds it hard to believe he is actually making an effort. A flash of bright red feathers as he darts this way and that. Was this creature sick? He certainly seemed ailed by something, but the poor bird had never met the elderly before. In a panic, the small finch sends a mental image to Onni, who had fallen behind the bird in their trek through the dying forest of the Threshold.

The tobiano mare knows immediately this stallion is not injured, except maybe by time, but comes to the side of the finch to comfort the bird's worries anyway. The firetail finch lands softly on her folded, chocolate wing. He twiddles her hair softly with his beak, preens her feathers, but Onni's eyes have already focused their attention on the sickly looking figure of the aged unicorn. She looks at him from their perspective, a profile view, with curiosity, before stepping out from the wilted tree she was standing under.

"Hello," the painted mare calls to the old unicorn, a smile on her face as she makes her way toward him. Upon closer inspection, she can clearly see his skin was loose, hanging like a blanket over the boney skeleton, muscle tone depleted by nothing by the grind of time. Should Onni live as long as the being's body before he, she too would look just as ghastly. Looking at what she believed was an old stallion, the mare was reminded of the failings of a mortal life. Unlike the gods of Helovia, who passed through time with a graceful lack of change, her body would sag, thin, and crumble under the weight of time.

Yet, there in the violet eyes of the stallion was a youthful soul, one that was surprisingly vibrant. They reminded her much of the green eyes of the Earth God, yet these eyes seemed saddened. A trapped soul, pleaing her to free him, but she did not think he wanted death. He wanted to be set free from his cage of a body, to return to the youth she exhibited. Oh, to be young again, she imagined he thought. "My name is Onni. Are you in need of any help?"
""

onni
</style>

Messages In This Thread
i. enter the beast - by Kirottu - 07-26-2012, 06:10 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Onni - 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Solstice - 08-02-2012, 04:21 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Kirottu - 08-02-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Onni - 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Mauja - 08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Solstice - 08-06-2012, 03:14 AM