the Rift

i. enter the beast

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!
 nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.</style>
image by jason-samfield @ flickr.com</style>

Surprise crossed the pegasus's face as her name rings off the tongue of Mauja, her head swiveling to look at his pale figure. He was just as regal as her memory recalled, his white figure painted with black spots, pale blue eyes of ice meeting hers for a moment. It was odd, to hear his normally nonchalant voice laced with something familiar and almost friendly. It touched her, to think that perhaps this icy King had taken a liking to her during their short meeting. "Mauja," she replies, her own quiet voice as friendly as always.

Happiness was not hard for Onni to find.

The attention of Mauja shifted back to the old stallion, as did hers. It did not surprise her that Mauja would title him as grandfather, but the unicorn did not take too kindly to it, by her observation. His ears swiveled backward in a quizzical manner, and Onni cocked one ear backward to show her confusion. She was not sure what part of the unicorn King's speech had irritated their company, but it was obvious he was quite unhappy. Still, the mare smiles with humor as he answers her question, violet eyes turning to her face with the same youth she had seen in them before.

"I am afraid I cannot turn back time," she says, her voice airy and light, with a note of sincerity in it as she continues, "but should you have any injuries, I would be more than happy to treat them." A smile closes the sentence, her eyes locking onto his violet, noting how they watched Mauja with something similar to envy. The green painting the purple in an ugly light, but Onni could not blame him. Should she be trapped in an aged body with a youthful soul, she would probably be jealous of those younger as well. After all, she was far from a saint. Her pale blue eyes slide off of his at the sound of another approach.

Her form painted much like Onni's, only instead of chocolate it was a bright golden hue. The smile plastered on her face was one Onni could not quite believe, causing her brows to stitch upward even as she returned the expression with a warm greeting. Whatever put hesitation in that smile made her curious, but the pegasus did not know the mare, and certainly not well enough to pry into her personal reasons for faking a smile. "Hello," she says to the mare, who begins to greet the older stallion.

Beast. The name is uttered, but at first Onni does not make the connection that he is introducing himself. She turns to look back at his aged face with confusion, as he clears his throat. Maybe she is a bit dull, the mare thinks sadly about herself, but she honestly does not see any beasts around the group for him to announce, and it seems a rather odd word to spout out. His explanation takes her equally by surprise, but Onni quickly reigns in the widening of her eyes. "Nice to meet you, Beast," she says warmly. While his eyes are not set on Mauja directly, the barrage of his next words she is fairly certain are meant for him. Casting a sideways glance at the leader of the Edge, Onni can't help but feel anxious. What had he done to offend him?

The command from the aged stallion is also a bit shocking, but Onni is getting the feeling that Beast has a lot of surprises - she should just learn to deal with it. "Helovia is a land of magic, with three Gods in control of different elements," she begins, her explanation glossing over several details, but she did not want to blab for hours. "There are three main herds, as well: the World's Edge, as Mauja has told you, the Dragon's Throat, my homeland, and the Windtossed Foothills." She takes a pause, smiling at him. "Aside from the herds there are also several open territories. Many are suffering from the drought this summer, but they are normally very habitable."
""

onni
</style>

Messages In This Thread
i. enter the beast - by Kirottu - 07-26-2012, 06:10 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Onni - 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Mauja - 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Solstice - 08-02-2012, 04:21 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Kirottu - 08-02-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Onni - 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Mauja - 08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: i. enter the beast - by Solstice - 08-06-2012, 03:14 AM