the Rift

[OPEN] Weight of the World

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
Fear remained arisen in her breast, but Israfel refused to be deterred and cower, hiding in this newfound darkness like a wimpering child. No... She had to be strong, she had to find out just what was going on, and above all, she needed to find out if her family was safe. While always loving her mother, Smoke, and her sister Kimber, Israfel had never truly realized just how much she had let time pass her by with her family since her return visit to the Veins of the Gods, when she had been greeted by the God of the Spark. Her in-depth conversation with Smoke had re-kindled mother and daughter's relationship, and now, finding her family was perhaps at the forefront of her mind.

Still... As the darkness encroached her vision, her surroundings illuminated by the light from her fires and the strange new trees that dotted the Edge, the sudden sound of approaching hoofbeats and the sound of brush being carelessly cast aside caused the yearling to startle. At first, Israfel's mind was ripped crudely back to the vision that she had seen in the Veins, of the all-consuming darkness and the crustacean that had ripped her limb from limb... Was it coming? Oh, by the Gods! The Sun-Child's flame intensified, the flames licking and swirling around her pale bodice, ears pinned back, wings beating at the air and stretching outwards to appear larger than she really was... But what broke free of the trees only a few moments later caused the youngling to stare in a wide-eyed, orange trance.

"... Zaffre?"

The dragon's familiar frame, however marred by darkness, could never be misinterperated, and upon seeing the blue dragon, Israfel immediately knew that Smoke must be close. Sure enough, mere seconds after Zaffre's appearance, the Wild Rose herself appeared through the thicket of strange, glowing trees. There was a wild look to Smoke's eyes, a fear that Israfel couldn't understand, but the yearling took in a great sense of relief upon seeing her mother's familiar, grullo features.

"Mother!" Gone was the helplessness, the murmured pleas of understanding and acceptance of mother and daughter's previous conversation. Instead, a young mare in the making stood before Smoke, and she eyed her mother with intense vermillion eyes, fiery depths reflecting the flames that licked and warmed the Demi-Goddess' body. "You're alright... I was worried."

Still, it seemed that they would not have a private meeting, as yet another joined them. Isra's head turned towards the sounds of arrival, and she squinted, attempting to make out the younger female by her sparse firelight. It was Amaris, the Sun-Child realized moments later, one of the daughters of their Queen, Mirage. Israfel offered Amaris a gentle smile, to know that she wasn't intruding before her head snapped back to Smoke.

"... I think so," Came Isra's hesitant answer, allowing her flames to die down only slightly so that she could brush her muzzle against Smoke's in an affectionate greeting, "I was asleep, but I heard him, and I felt him, as clear as the day itself. He said to me... He said that I am the light that Helovia will not have, and that I should remain 'steadfast and bold'. He... He also said that he would see me again." Isra's head turned, vermillion depths lingering on Amaris' scaled form, and when the young hybrid spoke, those fiery eyes widened.

"Gone?" Yet... It made sense. Yes, the God of the Sun had to be gone, for why else would there be no sun to shine upon the land? And... That was why Isra could no longer feel him, the constant pressure of her father shining within her. "B-but... Where? Where did my father go? Where did all of the Gods go? They wouldn't simply abandon us..." No, they wouldn't. Israfel refused to believe it. With a shake of her head, flames dancing in the air from the simple action, the Sun-Child waited. Did Amaris know what had happened...? Did the God's sudden disappearance have anything to do with the vision that the Time God had instilled upon her, weeks ago?

Messages In This Thread
Weight of the World - by Israfel - 06-23-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: Weight of the World - by Smoke - 06-23-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: Weight of the World - by Amaris - 06-24-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: Weight of the World - by Israfel - 06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Aaron - 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Mirage - 06-28-2013, 11:46 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Kimber - 06-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Lace - 06-30-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Smoke - 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: Weight of the World - by Israfel - 07-21-2013, 06:27 AM