the Rift

[OPEN] Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open]

Tesande Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

T E S A N D E

The dust clouded the crowded opening the rock that we’d crammed ourselves into causing Africa and I to go into a brief sneezing fit. ”See? That’s what I meant by escaping the dust, hehe.”

As we proceeded, I was un phased by the imminent danger looming all around us or the dust that was plugging our noses and causing us to sneeze off and on. My wing barely brushed the surface of the hanging rock over us and bits of the rock crumbled, dusting my back with sand and hissing at me as it slid to the ground. Africa scoot over a little and politely lifted her wings to allow me a better look, I twitched with excitement and a deep privileged feeling that my new good friend was willing to share her treasures with me. It crossed my mind briefly that doing this carelessly with any stranger is liable to get whatever she has stolen if it’s valuable enough. But alas I had no desire to steal someone’s possessions, it wouldn’t benefit me in the least bit and the guilt would eventually eat me alive in the long run. And of course I’d lose my new friend.

”Ok. It’s just here…” I watched Africa drop her crown to the dirt and etch her way to a pile of sand that seemed carelessly tossed together. As Africa caressed the sand pile with her lips I caught the glint of light reflecting off a surface which igniting my curiosity. I let my head drop to inspect it, the walls of the rock danced with a tint of green as the light hit the surface of the object. My eyes brightened and I leaned forward to stroke at the green surface with my lips. I asked with curiosity ”Is it jade?? Or maybe it’s prasiolite! Or is it an agate?? Or is it olivine?? I think it’s olivine, lass!” I burst with excitement caressing the green surface with my muzzle trying hard to figure out what it was, ”I grew up in the mountains, an’ I use to find caves with these pretty rocks n’ stuff! Like the rock we’re under right now, it’s lime stone! It means this land use to be under sea a long, long, long, long, long, long time ago!” I stated with glee and excitement, ”Where’d ya find it, lassy?” I looked to Africa curiously, of course I’d never stoop as low as to take someone else’s stuff, but that doesn’t mean I won’t try to get my hands on a piece of my own.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 06-26-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 06-28-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 07-01-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 07-03-2013, 05:23 PM