the Rift

[OPEN] the darkest hours

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

My presence does not calm, instead it seems to sour her ebony features as if I have done something to insult her. I know I must wear a look of surprise, one that only turns to bemusement as she snaps at me. Clearly she is older, but she seems anxious, frazzled, in this darkness and absence of our Lords. She pins her harks at me, stomps her hoof and raises her wings threateningly. I stop immediately, quirking a brow at her in a somewhat offended manner, wondering why in the world his concern was apparently a problem. Not that she remained quiet on the matter for too long, and he was soon enlightened on what he'd done to offend her. Shifting my legs I settled into a more upright, composed posture before answering her. "This has never happened to me before. In fact, by my knowledge and that of my family, it hasn't happened at all in Helovia's history." Ilaria makes a disgruntled noise atop my crown, but then again she's far more judgmental than I. Shadow's scathing words do not bother me, but Ilaria doesn't seem to be in agreement.

"I have strong faith in the Gods. This is the hour where it is our turn to give that strength back. They did not leave us willingly, and I for one will not falter in my trust in them while they are fighting to get back to us. The fire of the Throat glows bright, within and without. Danger may face all of Helovia, but I know that we will rise strong in the face of any challenge. I don't want to be scared. I've had enough of that." My voice grows more passionate as I speak, until finally I must cut myself off for fear I will go too far or something similar. Shadow seemed far too worried, too tense, and I didn't want to force more stress upon her. Especially from what I'd seen of her temper.

Even so, the shrill fright in her voice made me chance a step or two closer despite her apparent dislike of my attempts to comfort from earlier. "I've seen both of them, don't worry, they're safe. They were both heading to find Kri and my father, from what I saw." This time I kept my lyrics soft, letting her take it as she wanted in her frazzled state. She was pacing, disturbing the sand, so I just remained still and let her work off her energy, hoping she wouldn't take it out on me. "I've seen a majority of the Throat, but I don't know who is unaccounted for. I'm sorry I can't be of more use."
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
the darkest hours - by Shadow - 06-23-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: the darkest hours - by Cera - 07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: the darkest hours - by Shadow - 07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: the darkest hours - by Cera - 08-02-2013, 07:25 PM