the Rift

[PRIVATE] [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

The Frostfall sky was dark, eerie in a way. I had sworn the sun had set far too long ago. Maybe there was an eclipse, or possibly the Goddess of the Moon had beaten the God of Sun to the punch. But down here, it was still far too cold and dark, making it both irritating and difficult to trek through the freezing layers of snow, dragging along with me the wing of a prisoner. She had not been here because of me, and strangely enough, I had been imprisoned in the Throat because of her just before.

The Pegasus had snapped, grabbing mouthfuls of feathers from the appendages while they were both still on contact. Her eyes were bloodshot and wet with tears, they sight just bringing me to a chuckle. The image of the gray mare's wing completely popping out of the socket, ripping from the left side of her body entirely played through my head continuously. Dried blood had stained the remaining light gray feathers, drops still attempting to form on top of the crusted layer.

I held the end of the wing, furthest from the joint that connected to her shoulder, in my mouth. My imagination created mites, fleas and other dirty little creatures crawling away from the heat of my mouth.. hopefully. White ears flicked around casually, listening for any sounds around. Bright blue eyes had finally adjusted to the complete darkness, still playing tricks on me every once in a while. I could see silhouettes of objects like trees and rocks, but the occasional movement in the still air made me want to jump. I hated not being able to completely see. Hopefully if this night fall kept up, my eyes would adjust better.

Eventually a glowing figured illuminated the white earth far in the distance. But, it was glowing purple and pink? I paused, ears pressing forward to attempt to listen. No sound. Not even a soft breeze. The eeriness of the dark was frightening. Light optics glanced down at the light shade beside me, sitting lifeless against the crunchy earth. I couldn't leave this thing, I'd never find it again. Heavy, silver hooves picked the pace up once more, a slow walk carrying me toward the unnaturally lit tree. As I came closer, the limbs and trunk formed completely, the entire thing ignited in florescent lights.

I stopped a good three body lengths away from the tree, the wing still dangling from my mouth. What the fuck? My mind began to pick apart any thing that may have been causing this. Then I remembered why I had wandered through the darkness. "Psyche? I have something you may want to see." My voice, booming and raspy, reached out with a strong tone. Hopefully the mare I had yet to meet would be some what impressed with what I had brought her. If her daughter thought a mere feather would allow me to hear the important secret, I could only imagine what the wing would open up for me.

Tagged: @[Psyche] Plague members welcome, <3
walk walk walk talk talk talk
Please tag me in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
[PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Crash Course - 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 07-04-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 07-04-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: [PLAGUE] Cheers To The Night - by Psyche - 07-14-2013, 12:50 PM