the Rift

[OPEN] Give me nothing, give me faith.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Her pads were soft and silent on the snowy ground, her tail stiff and her aqua pools alert. An ear flopped back showing the pink side as the other was propped nice atop her skinny head. The world had grown dark and the young pup didn't understand why, it was not a natural occurrence to her keen instincts and her bonded had certainly become much more nervous and jumpy. Rita was scared, it was visible in her trembling legs and twitchy glances to the side with the whites of her eyes, but she continued along the unseen path. Evers had said they would be okay, that they would survive this together and they mustn't stray from one another. The greyhound was relieved to share a bond with her equally skinny partner, she felt much less alone in the new bleak world and his continuing thoughts and emotions were a comfort to her. A few minutes behind her, setting out his pace at a brisk trot, was the Able himself. Relying on Rita's sense of smell to scout out safe routes for them whilst he nervously followed behind. Their destination was Helovia's Heart.

Evers too was relieved for the company of Rita, but it didn't stop him worrying about others who did not have the same blessing as they did. What would they do? He was sure Ophelia and Ktulu would keep the Foothills safe, though they were young as leaders, there was a surety about them that put the blue's heart at rest. Still, what about those who roamed by themselves, like Irrydae once had. He blinked in surprise as an image of the amethyst splashed mare appeared in his mind, just when had she become such a huge part of his life? He felt his whole body lurch in apprehension and prayed that she was okay. That she was safe in the Foothills. These muddled feelings were rare to him yet familiar to him, like a long forgotten memory echoing over time and confusing his already despairing mind. Flickers of images; a filly and a mare. Who were they? Why did it make his heart twist in excruciating sadness?! He felt a presence on his mind then, a flash of concern that radiated from Rita and the blue concentrated to breathe deeply. Carry on my girl, it's nothing ... I'm fine. He said mentally, knowing she would be able to sense his thoughts.

The Able forced himself to concentrate, the heart was appearing before him and his guard would have to be up, so out in the open it was. His blue coat was thicker and he now resembled something more close to a black horse than a blue roan, belly protesting in hunger and hooves packed with snow. Evers didn't really like winter, his already frail looking body was made to like even more so in the cold. He'd come here, out into the wilds, in search of his brothers or travellers who needed help (or company), maybe he would find some who would have an explanation for the drapes of pitch that had befallen Helovia. Soon, he would return to the Foothills and see if anybody there knew what was really going on with the world.

Slowing his bouncy gait to a walk and he ushered himself over to Rita, who had sat back on her haunches, staring into the hole. The two of them remained there for a while, darkness had them surrounded, but they were content in each others company. Just two skinny travellers with skinny tails, who faced the dead abyss together.

[Open to anyone! <33]

Messages In This Thread
Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Evers - 06-25-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Lace - 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Evers - 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Lace - 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM