the Rift

[OPEN] Give me nothing, give me faith.

Evers the Able Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Rita :: Greyhound :: Water Mold imi
Evers the Able
We're just two little street angels with dirty faces

Evers and Rita stared off into the fire. It's orange hues reflecting on their dark pelts as they stood in companionable silence until a new voice broke into their peaceful little world. The Able started suddenly, Rita springing on her baby paws with a growl ripping from her maw. It seemed in their eagerness to find light that they had both missed the presence on the white maned stallion and his dragon before them, but upon closer inspection Evers realized he had indeed met this male before. It was a while ago now, when he was still on his quest in order to obtain the pup that now trembled at his hooves. He remembered the stallion to be quite friendly, even if their encounter was brief. Slowly, he gently laid his maw upon the head of Rita, calming her and reassuring her that they were in no danger. "Easy pup, he poses no threat, keep your nose and ears on the darkness around us." Came his cautioning voice and the greyhounds growls notably lessened as she returned to scanning the bleak world surrounding them.

The Able turned to their new company then, dipping his head in welcome. "Indeed." His ears flicked then and blue pools narrowed in contemplation. "I've met you before haven't I ... Lace wasn't it? I'm Evers the Able and my bonded is Rita. How fares the Worlds Edge these days? Does the darkness reach you there?" He asked, genuinely curious, smiling at the little white dragon. Evers already guessed that it probably had, everywhere he had been it was dark and gloomy. It was hard not to feel watched in such darkness and it made him twitchy. He wished for the protection of his brothers all around him and the safety of borders. Yet, he also wanted to know what was going on and the desire for knowledge had gotten the best of him. Driving him out into the dead land.

Naturally, the roan had already hypothesized many different ideas as to why this had happened. Ranging from Gods to the galaxy and back. All seemed possible in a certain light, but all seemed highly unlikely that it left him exasperated to even think about it. He had not found one single reason in his travels so far, albeit he was at the beginning of his journey, but frustration was another emotion still rife inside him. Maybe he ought to make his way back to the Foothills, maybe his herd really did have the answer and he was just messing around in the wilderness. Evers sighed, he hated indecision. He didn't even know if he'd be able to find his way back, hoping Rita would be able to sniff out the trial. "This black veil makes me nervous" he admitted quietly. Who knew what was lurking in the darkness, maybe nothing at all, maybe he was being stupid and yet he couldn't help it.

[I wasn't sure, since the Gods have gone, but you're probably right. I think Tamme or Boom told me it was based off Darvasa]

Messages In This Thread
Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Evers - 06-25-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Lace - 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Evers - 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Give me nothing, give me faith. - by Lace - 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM