the Rift

[OPEN] I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

There is the thinnest blanket of snow casted over the ground, just breaking a centimeter above my hooves. Small, I would how I'll ever be full grown like Mom and Uncle Tonka. In the dark, the snow is a weird neverending cascade of gray that leaps across the hills. I'm not truly sure what has brought me to this place, but I just want to really see what's out here. In the distance, there's a singular glowing tree. My childish curiousity drags me to it, but today I want to play. I want to run about up and down the hills in this area. Mountains are off in the distant land, I know they're out there. The darkness just seems to have swalled up everything. I sort of miss the Sun, and on my journey north to home after the experience in the Marsh, home will be welcoming me when Mom is waiting there for me with a smile.
A snowflake falls in front of my face, turning blue in the pale blue light my horn gives off. I've never yet came across another with a glowing horn, and maybe I'm strange. My tummy growls as if to say 'Hey! Hurry up! I'm hungry!' Mommy...... I really want her at this time, and there's no one in sight. Not even a single soul. The birds aren't even around anymore. What's happening? Why did it have to happen only shortly after I was born? I'm not a bad omen, am I?
The wind speaks to me as it whistles across the hill I'm on. It ruffles my short mane and pushes my head to the side a bit. Inside it, there is a cold bit that hasn't left. The cold inside it only gets stronger and stronger over time, and I think this is a sign I'm either freezing to death, or home is just around the corner. The thought of home, it brings me a spring to my legs and causes me to take off. Take off towards the glowing tree situated in the middle of the this place.
It didn't take time before I got close enough to inspect the tree, but it wasn't like I hadn't seen them out in different place. Yet, inspecting wasn't exactly what I was doing, really it was running into it.
My collision was an aburpt stop, just a sharp pain in my chest as the wind was knocked out of me and my head hit it. Back on my booty, I was left just to stare at the tree. It recieved a hateful look for me, and I huffed. "Meanie." When the tree was giving me no response, I sort of just got tried of it and stood up to attack it. No verbal response? Well, feel my fury!
I lifted up one hoof and hit the glowing tree with it with all my might. The worst that could happen could be it went out, and left me as a glowing beacon in the dark. My horn sort of works that way. When my hoof hit it, it never went out like I expected it too. Except, a bird came out the tree where it had probably been rousting and flew down towards me before taking off in the direction I'd come from. Fear came over me in the time it happened, but soon passed as I found myself alone. In the dark. By a glowing tree.
I think I'm afraid of the dark.......
Everyone would probably say that I shouldn't be an issue when my horn glows naturally and on it's own without the usage of magic, but still. This is never ending darkness, no stars, no Moon, all darkness to engulf me. I glupped fairly loud, mainly out of fear and realization that I'd just ran off to the place the that is probably a place less traveled. A movement in the dark catches my attention, and suddenly I wonder if it's Mom.
"Mommy? Mommy, is that you?"
At times, you must remember I am only a child. My innocence hits a certain stopping point at one time, my curiousity is a big thing, and most likely, I don't understand the idea of 'Don't talk to strangers. They might just kill you.' I had yet to really come around those strangers that were thought to kill me, so they might just not show up around me. I think the sound I heard was Mom coming to take me home.
Smile painted across my face, I went for the source. Each long leg wobbled, making my gait awkward as I tried to move at a trot, later deciding that running was better and that I'd get there a bit faster. "Mommy!"
My voice was high pitched and filled with happiness. I wasn't going about smell fairly well right now, though at the time it might of been best to go by it. Well, whatever. There's Mom, or at least, I think it's Mom......

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Sikeax - 06-25-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Roy - 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Sikeax - 06-28-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Roy - 06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Sikeax - 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: I Got Sunshine In a Bag [Open] - by Roy - 06-28-2013, 03:19 PM