the Rift

I do like to be beside the sea...

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: artandseirentable.png]
She was here. What in the blasted Sun's name does she want?! And why is she following me. If those who knew d'Artagnan truly knew how much he spoke to himself they would brand him mad and be done with him. Luckily for the mahogany brute they did not know. The Doctor stomped a little louder as he headed for the newcomer, making sure Seiren knew she wasn't welcome. Not that it would make a whole load of difference, the bitch did what she wanted anyway. It was this exact indifference she showed that infuriated d'Artagnan. Weren't siblings meant to love and care for each other? These two couldn't be more further from that stereotype. Like trying to meld magnets at the wrong ends. He snorted loudly and made a point of pushing her away from his thoughts. She was going to barge in anyway, he might as well ignore her now.

There was an orange unicorn that needed to be attended to and d'Artagnan puffed himself up. Enjoying the fact he held a higher rank over Seiren. He wrinkled his nose as the scent of grainy sand entered through his nostrils. If d'Art wasn't able to see the stranger he certainly smelt him. Shit. He smells like a wet dog he chuckled to himself as the pace of his brisk trot slowed to a respectful halt. The stag took in the chestnut's features and noted he was off good, strong height and still fairly young. Putting on his 'I'm important' face, d'Artagnan addressed the unicorn before him "what have we here! A fine looking stallion!" His gruff vocals bellowed out to all across the Threshold. There seemed to be more and more unicorns of late, it made this particular horned one very satisfied that more of his species had come here. Still, he hadn't won the chap over yet. "I'm d'Artagnan, Moon Doctor of the Worlds Edge. A herd built for our own species and only our own." d'Art was about to elaborate more when she finally decided to step in...

--
Seiren watched her brother in quiet amusement. He always got worked up about her presence, like she wasn't allowed within so many miles of him. He called her a 'nuisance' from time to time but Seiren guessed he was just scared of her. Pathetic. Their father may of been a war lord but d'Artagnan would never be his worthy son, it was left to Seiren to pick up the pieces. She had given up the game of killing him for now, he had wrangled himself to high up into the herd. If she did slit his throat they'd be an army after her. Seiren was a proud mare... But not that proud. Liquid obsidian eyes rolled skywards as she observed the Doctor stomp off to greet the new boy.

The grey femme stopped a little way away to watch the introductory, wrinkling her nose in distaste at her brothers little tirade. He was a Doctor not some emperor of a far and distant land. At least her title had more of a 'bite' to it. d'Artagnan's was almost appropriately cowardly in comparison. But she waited until he had finished introducing himself before butting in. "Don't let his title fool you. There's a reason he's only a 'Doctor'." The mare walked forward to the pair, her eyes set on the new one. "Our King offers sanctuary to our species, if you accept the terms that you mustn't consort with the other races I will take you to my Majesty." A small smile played around her maw as the ghostly vocals drifted off. She rather liked this one, he was of a nice colour and held a nice ocean smell. Something lost of her dearest brother.

Ambient Ideas @ flickr | Mike Poresky @ flickr

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
I do like to be beside the sea... - by Ricciardo - 07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
RE: I do like to be beside the sea... - by d'Artagnan - 07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: I do like to be beside the sea... - by Ricciardo - 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM