the Rift

[OPEN] when all other lights go out.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The darkness was wearing on her, slowly eroding her personality like the slow roll of waves against a rock. She wasn't going crazy but small parts of her were missing, parts that she hadn't been without since the day of her birth. Slowly but surely, she was beginning to accept the fact that the sun was never to return. She was beginning to accept the fact that she would never know if it was day or night again. She was beginning to accept the fact that she was going to die of starvation. Even the herd lands could not provide for their members any more. For example, the Dragon Heart's fires in the Edge were great for warming a frozen body, but fire doesn't grow greenery.

What had once been a beautiful sculpture to look at was now the work of a mere amateur. Hints of her beauty showed through, but the changes that the darkness had caused in her were hiding what had once been a glorious vision. The mare's skin was tight over her ribs and she was hungry. The bleached areas of her hide, normally kept perfectly white and pristine, were caked with mud in some places. Especially her limbs. Her mane and tail, usually groomed to perfection, were knotted and interwoven with sticks and shrubs. What use was keeping up your personality if the darkness was so thick that few would rarely see you? She was beginning to act like her brother. And as she walked, her mind drifted back to her past.
I'm hungry. So hungry. Fuhrer, I hate you. You left me alone. You let the fires eat our land, you let everything we knew and loved die. You let me panic during an emergency. You let me run away when I couldn't find you. And then you let me come here on my own, to this horrid place where the days are always night and the grass never grows and the season is always winter. I LOOKED FOR YOU! We had our differences, but in that moment I forgot everything and looked only for you! And where were you? Gone! Run away, I'm sure. Left your sister to die. And I lived then, but now you've left me to die again! And you're not even here and I need you.
The mare sighed. Where was the charming spark that guided her life? She was so tired, loving life was hard. She was becoming a wreck. Before she had been dumb but at least she had been pretty, the life of the party. Up ahead, the mare saw a lamptree. The first she had seen in some time. Without a thought to any danger, she began to walk a little faster. Any light was better than none. And then she saw it, green grass growing under it's boughs and she nearly tripped over herself to get to it, nevermind the colt and filly that stood there as well. “...Hototo, son of Ktulu and Father Earth,” she heard the colt speak as she began to tear up grasses beneath her hooves and swallow them greedily. She didn't wait for him to tell her it was safe. “Kahlua, of the World's Edge,” she managed to spit out between mouthfuls. If he was the son of a god, so be it, but she was hungry.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM