the Rift

[OPEN] when all other lights go out.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

I sound crazy, and I am now dumbfounded.

As the words slip through my mouth, a barging body of black and white shoulders its way into the small circle where I and this stranger stood. The filly's name is missed with the intrusion of this new mare, stopped in the girl's throat, I'd guess. I find myself hauling upwards on my haunches, front end swinging wildly toward the right side, away from the tree and into a fresh mound of snow. Slowly, shoots of grass begin to peek upward through the frosty element, flushing with life at under my bronze hooves.

"Pardon," I say quietly down toward the older mare, who rips forth a mouthful of fresh, emerald grass before looking upward with dull eyes. I had never been around a girl with such a slack jawed expression, seeing as mother always has a warm glow when she peers upon me, and Ophelia always looked wise beyond her years. However, miss Kahlua seemed not to care much about her rude behavior, but did at least pause long enough to offer the us a name. My eyes are still wide with shock, but at least I kept my mouth shut. I manage a smile. She must have been hungry, so at least I quelled the fire in the bellies of one - this Kahlua.

My eyes and ears flicker over to where the original guest stood as her voice comes out gently, much less harsh than the brash mare who stumbled in. Cat. Despite her young age, there was a maturity in the pale face which gleamed in dull, silvery light of the tree. She seemed older, older than me, older than the painted beauty who walked in so abruptly to our company. Apparently, Cat is also more inquisitive than the hungry, older mare. The wind howls by my ears as I turn my strong built frame back toward her, eyes open and earnest.

The small patch of grass I had been standing on slows its strange growth, halted by the lack of my presence. The earth, however, grows more vibrant the longer I stand posed, stalks shooting up out of grass which melts by the energy being burned. "Grass follows me wherever I go," I say, sounding quite crazy again. I knew all other magic had been snuffed out, so if either of my company possessed abilities, they would think me a liar for claiming such a skill. "Flowers too." I smile at the filly shyly, hoping she enjoyed flowers - at least we would have that in common.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM