the Rift

[OPEN] when all other lights go out.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Whatever reaction was given by Cat is starkly lost as I nearly jump out of my skin at the sudden voice of another. I had been so rapt with my current company I forgot to keep my ears open for new approaches. It takes me a moment to see her, this newcomer, as she is dark as midnight except for a few bright highlights - vibrant eyes, blue markings, and a flash of feathers in her mane. I swaddle my wings close to me as I scoot over a pace, trying to allow her in our little circle gathering. As I do so, the grass seems to extend its reach, pulling toward me, like a sunflower does the sun.

Something about this shady newcomer made me anxious, and even when she lets out a barking laugh, one of my ears falls back uncertainly. The painted lady, Kahlua, lets out a much more natural laugh, as it is inspired by the joy of another. Where this stranger's mirth came from, I am uncertain. She seems a bit off kilter, but I guess I should not judge her before I have had more time to learn of her.

I find it strange that only females have flocked to me. Am I some sort of mare magnet? I certainly hope not. All three have made me uncomfortable in various ways, and I really just want them to be normal, calm... eat and then leave with happy smiling faces. I swallow the anxiety lodged in my throat before looking over at the new mare more carefully. Her own derisive eyes scour me, passing some sort of silent judgment upon me while ignoring the rest of my company.

I turn my face only as Kahlua speaks, listening to the mare before letting a small smile grow on my features. "Oh, no," I say, my voice tumbling over my words sheepishly at first. "I... I'm not a lord, and you have not offended me - merely surprised me." I try to smile more, reassure her she has done nothing wrong beside give my nerves already wound tight a stir.

The scary, dark mare speaks again, her word choice rather strange... quirky. I find myself growing more comfortable with her odd way of speaking. She seems less ominous to me, and more like a silly soul. I am not certain if this is an accurate assessment, but she is not the towering body of doom I once viewed her as. I grow more comfortable, allow myself to loosen my stance a little. "I think it's because of my father, ma'am," I say frankly, not wishing to go beyond that. "He left me the task of caring to Helovia, and I would be rather useless without magic."

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM