the Rift

[OPEN] when all other lights go out.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

While she had seemed strangely abrupt and disarming at first, I am rather liking miss Kahlua now. She speaks with soft, reassuring tones that I do not hear all that often anymore. Her words make me miss mother, and I had promised to visit but have fallen short of such things as of yet. Nuna will likely be very put out with me by now. I smile at her, giving her a gentle nod. I am not sure if I am a lord still, for I have no home to claim anymore, having given my own up. Is the world my home now? I am no Lord of the Earth, for that would be my father's title... do I inherit his title? I frown imperceptibly, uncertain at this point.

At the voice of the rather personality laden mare, I shake my thoughts out, turning to face her dark features once more. The common way she speaks with reminds me of a filly, though she is quite obviously full grown. Lively and spirited, but melancholy and tired like lavender lady, if I had to guess by the words she uses. They were both doubtful of my father, but I think maybe people just expect too much from Gods, who are busy with the whole land - or was she hear for my crazed introduction as son of the Earth?

"He just has his own shadows to shoulder in the place no mortals can travel," my voice seems earnest, though she may think I am probably talking about his burial. He had reassured me that I should remain brave. I knew in my heart that he was still alive, that he would return. However, this lady did not know that. "He will return when his work is done." A smile, blessed on a child's face, looks older on my own features now. Despite my young years, I seem old. I seemed old from my first breath, I suppose. Never have I acted quite right for a child. Now, instead of some strange deformity of personality, it makes sense.
I am old as the dirt.

So I'm gonna assume none of you know why the sun broke either eh? I pause, thinking back to what father had told me. He mentioned the sun being gone, but never explained why. He did not tell me that they all we leaving, but the lack of the moon in the sky, the almost endless passage of time, made the most sense at this point. "Well, I would guess they have all left, ma'am, to fight whatever evil was coming here." Evil, it sent a chill down my spine to even say it. However, I believe it to be true. There had been a threat posed against Helovia, I was certain of it. This would be the only explanation for the disappearance of the Gods during the dead of winter, when we needed their support the most.

At Kahlua's comment, I let out a childlike giggle. I found it amusing that she would know her own faults, but in such an accepting and lighthearted manner did she lay them down. Her heart was good, this painted beauty of black and white. I only wish I had her confidence to freely and openly state my own flaws, for there are many.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Catalina - 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-18-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Kahlua - 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Hototo - 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: when all other lights go out. - by Ampere - 07-30-2013, 08:06 PM