the Rift

[OPEN] the night builders pulled down the sun;

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

His movements seemed careful, precise under her close gaze. While she was far from dropping her guard, she wasn't about to stand petrified in their presence. Intrigue beat out fear, at least for the time being. What did he search for?

Wings against the air, a dark figure with the faintest glimmer caught her attention. A moment she did not know what she had seen until she realized it was perched on her new company's shoulder. A dragon. Even now after befriending one she couldn't hide the marvel that lightened her stare, briefly taking in the scaled beast. So she hadn't been wrong about assuming he wasn't just a giant wolf. Faelene had to put a dam on the questions that came to mind. If they could still talk, if he could breathe fire because apparently even with the Gods gone they were still bonded.

Luckily, distracted by the whine, the lady peered down at the sound wondering what bothered his canine companion. Faelene didn't think she was the intimidating in this conversation. Was it something else? Eyes swept the washed out plains if she might see another. There was not much to see in this black. A quick blink, she met the bright stare of the hybrid, studying the way he responded from his faint chuckle, the twist of his lip to her comment. She had a feeling there was not many who were the same blood as he. It wasn't surprising, she had never thought of such things. "One way of putting it I suppose," she agreed, but didn't feel any need to point out how others might see it as a blessing in this new world. He didn't seem the sort to think so.

Casually, dark ears twitch as they had not expected his name. Accepting it, she was certain it would be easier to recall than the others that had come and gone. He went on to explain his presence, and it put a little more sense to why he was way out here. A member of the Grey keeping tabs on the Basin she assumed. The Thief kept a smooth face, merely meeting his steady stare. She half expected him to find his answer in her silver eyes, because she knew quite well about their contract. Psyche had told them of it, and Faelene hated the idea. She did not trust the Grey. They did not seem as "neutral" as they said. All this was kept beneath a relaxed mask while the wolf-equine continued. All she could wonder about why he was telling her this, and not someone else. Faelene doubted she seemed of any importance, of any bearing on such matters. She almost flatly asked him so, instead decided to take a more Lena approach. Cordially, and gracefully.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Faelene, and I can very well repeat the message, but I'm sure my Lady is quite aware of that detail," she replied with an air of nonchalance. "She's trying to keep numbers even should someone attempt to cast us from this home. I'm sure you've heard all that so I must ask is there something else you're trying to tell me, Osiris?" Dark brows angled above her black pupils, a question to her silver irises. Waiting to see how smooth this beast was.

In the back of her mind, she kept thinking of her single idea on the issue of war. That was returning a certain little Pegasus to the Throat (who they had assumed had been stolen) who might ease all the assumptions. Or at least put one issue that was wrong right. Ari really needed to go back home, she seemed like a frail butterfly in need of what the red maned didn't have to give. Since she had not been able to complete her quest, her spirit had dimmed. The problem was the Thief still had no idea how she was going to take her home without hell raining down on her.

faelene

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: the night builders pulled down the sun; - by Faelene - 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM