the Rift

[OPEN] Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

The earth fell silent.
The sky fell silent.
The air fell silent.
My soul fell silent.

One moment, the sky surrounding me in beautiful blue tones, the wind embracing me gently. The next, I felt as if I had been abandoned. My chocolate wings claw in the black abyss I had landed myself in. Blind, I must have just gone blind. I begin to panic in the sky, a feeling so foreign to me that I cannot quite describe. However, after a moment, I begin to feel it. Silence, impressing upon my body like a vicegrip. The air is silent, as though all winds have died. Powerless gusts billow the skies, but they do not heed my commands as they once have. I feel the absence of my friend, the air, and it is a pit in my stomach that makes me feel nauseous.

I close my dark eyes for a moment, not that they are doing anything useful in this world of black. The sky, even at night, is lighted by the glint of stars and the shining silver of the moon. It was midday just moments before, so I know that this is not night. This is abandonment. We are forsaken. For how long?

When I open my eyes once more, I see pinpoints on the landscape lighting roads that I knew well in my mind. The rest is dark, like the heavens above me. In the distance, I see a bright flare - the fires of the Throat. We are abandoned, but in our isolation, the Gods have left us hope. I begin to fly easily and steadily by the power of my own will toward the beacon in the distance. Miles pass by unnoticed. Hours pass. My distance is only measured by the slowly increasing size of the fire, illuminating a dim crimson land I knew to be my home, the Dragon's Throat.

When I meet the land, I begin to slowly descend, aiming toward the sacred fires of the Sun God. I land upon the earth, standing like a silhouette in front of the giant pyre of the world. Shaded, like the rest of Helovia. My voice raises in a deep call, beckoning my shrinking herd to my side, to allow me to guide them through this tragedy so we may rise from the darkness.

"This is a false night, a mimic of the cool darkness littered with stars. I feel the absence of the Gods within my bones and soul. However, we must not lose hope. Let the beacon of this land serve as a reminder that they will return. This night will end.
"If you will allow me to be your strength, I pledge my life to you in these trying times. We are in the shadow of enemies, but together we will surpass any evil rained down upon us."

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

Messages In This Thread
Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 06-27-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting] - by Alerion - 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
RE: Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting] - by Tesande - 07-06-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Twilight of My Beloved Kingdom :: [Herd Meeting] - by Avalon - 07-16-2013, 12:26 AM