the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choices you don't want to have to make.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia knew that she should stay in the herd, be close to everyone else, especially Roskuld. She loved her daughter dearly, but this solitude was also precious. At her young age, she knew that having a child was not wise, but she did not regret the decision. She was trapped in an awkward conundrum of feeling blessed by a life she knew she should have waited to have, and the contradiction of that feeling was confusing and guilt-ridden all at once. At the same time, she knew that the lessons she learned in realizing that she should have waited gave her wisdom. Her head was a disaster, so fragmented and lost.

Too many decisions. Too many mistakes. Too many wrongs that she did not know how to make right (if right even existed).

The pale princess exhaled a breath of frost and followed the lamp trees to a secret place, a land she had only been told of by lovers. Out of innocence and a respect for couples... well... couples being couples, she had not gone before, but now a change of scenery was exactly what the young femme needed. Was the land as quiet and serene as she had been lead to believe? Was it lush and soft? Beautiful, even?

Not like she could truly see any of these things, but she could smell, hear, touch, and taste... The light of the lamp trees and the perfection of her memory guided her as if she was going to the Edge, but instead of angling more north, she walked toward the eastern ocean. The land should be somewhere between, and certainly there would be a path of lamp trees to take her straight into the grove. Her estimations were correct, and she walked for the first time, the gently depressed path in the darkness.

The smell was beautiful and calm, and she felt the grass turn soft beneath her hooves. Large willows with sweeping branches gently swayed and fireflies shone like stars in the darkness. She could not help but wish for the sun, for light, warmth. As much as she wanted to loathe the God of the Sun, she could not deny that part of her still loved him. Ophelia wished more than anything that she could see him again, to make things right. But he would not even look at her anymore, and that pain ached so deeply.

Cautiously, she neared the edge of the pool of water and dipped her whiskered muzzle in to catch a sip, feeling worries wash away, if only for a moment. She closed her eyes, finding little difference between being awake and asleep now that the sun was hiding, and enjoyed the quiet. Little bugs spoke to each other every now and then or a frog would chirp in the night. Were they just as confused? Just as lost? Tinek seemed to think so. The silver dragon was roaming around, picking up wandering creatures and setting them back into their homes. He was a kind soul, a good one, innocent like she once was, and she believed that it was his youthful naivety that drove her to consider her options.

Tinek had told her that she was unhappy lately, and he asked way. The reasons she gave were numerous, not many that she could readily change, except a few.

And then the simply question came: well, why do not you leave? Why do you continue to suffer?

Ophelia found that answering his question was harder than it should have been, but he also had a point. What good was she doing to herself and those around her? Life was too complicated, but Tinek had a way of making things so beautifully simple. She prayed that he would never change. Perhaps she was Forsaken, but to the young dragon, she was simply "Phi" - title-less, boundless, simple, Phi.

Now, she found herself wishing that she could be so straight forward with one of her own kind.

@[Hellena]
Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Choices you don't want to have to make. - by Ophelia - 06-29-2013, 02:08 AM