the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choices you don't want to have to make.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

The belle spoke with much wisdom for one so young.

Her voice was laden with the burdens she would not, could not share. Her posture was pained, weighed down by the vast weights she placed upon those slender shoulders. A frown, light but present, folds my brow, as I observe her more closely. There are similarities between us - she holds unicorn blood, a strong line of it, but she is part equine - enough so that her dragon's soul recognises and resonates with her own. I was curious as to the strength of the unicorn's blood that ran through her veins, I observed the crimson tips of her mane and tail, the spiral of her horn - I recognised them from someone else, I realised.

A lost identity, a broken family, a life lived in regret - this was the story I received from the fair maiden before me. I listened, my gaze unwavering as my attention embraced her wholly and completely, my interest genuine for the daughter of the Valiant stallion I had come to know within the lands of my home. I was pleased to hear her observation of myself, and a wry smile softened the lines around my lips as the laugh lines upon my visage folded around the expression. Did I follow Mirage? The maiden was my leader, for as long as she resided in the Edge. I would not follow her elsewhere, no. The Edge was my home, my mother, the lands themselves were my true family. Somehow, I felt that this perceptive youth could tell this, despite her question. I was not some simple soul designed to follow others around. I was Hellena, child of the World's Edge; those who resided there only did so with my permission.

"I am many things." I begin, my smile shifting down the scale of smiles to become but a small memory of a happy emotion. My gaze shifts slightly - it does not depart the physical stare of the belle's mismatched orbs - but it seems to glaze over, to look deeper than the surface, taking on a new intensity. I knew that when I gave this stare, some saw it as distant, as faraway - many considered me to be insane, for I did not see the same world that they did. I saw the world for what it truly contained, the mysteries were not mysteries to me, the way in which our world worked was shown to me - at least, through the perspective of my beloved Goddess. Her absence is felt upon my very soul, but I hold faith that she will return to me, and her gentle moonshine will illuminate my path once more.

"A follower of mortals is not one of these things." It was true; while Mirage was my Leader, she only held my loyalty for as long as she resided there; just as Mauja did before her and my fallen father before him. "The Moon Goddess is my true liege, my guardian, my saint. I was born into her mists from the very womb of the World's Edge, and there I shall remain until my bones are bleached and crumpled beneath her midnight embrace." It was easy for me to speak of her, the passion in my voice had transformed my words - if there was a texture to describe my tones, it would be that of the very mists which guide me, comfort me, hod me up when I think I am about to fall. "Lady Mirage has earned her title as my Queen, and Thor as my King, and until my Goddess decides otherwise, they have my loyalty."

I spoke honestly, as honestly as I had spoken to Mirage when she first approached me, in the depths of the mists of my home. I had nothing to hide - I was proud of my beliefs, of my faith and devotion to the Goddess of the night sky. My features softened, as I regarded the youth before me once more, reflecting upon what she said about being a toy. "The Gods to not hate, dear. They only know how to accept our love and adoration.. in their own ways." I was not foolish enough to say that the Gods were immune to the effects of all emotions - my observations showed me that they suffered from anger, from happiness, from the entire range of mortal emotions. Perhaps it was the adoration we gave them, which allowed them to feel such things.

"Your life is your own, young Ophelia. It is yours to direct, yours to change, to live." I looked to her silver dragon, breaking my stare from her own to meet with the ruby irises of the young silver. "Besides you, only your dragon has insight to your heart and soul." I smiled at the young reptile, before returning my gaze to the girl, reaching out with a soft muzzle, to press it against her shoulder. I was not one ordinarily built for physical contact, but in this case, I could feel it might help the young belle see what it was I was trying to convey. "At the very least, make your heart and soul a pleasant place for him."

Messages In This Thread