the Rift

hills and highlands [madmask]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

The moon looks upon many night flowers;
The night flowers see but one moon

Ever since my parents decided to make the Foothills our permanent home I've felt a little bit of a reprieve from the heat. For whatever reason it didn't seem so intense in the lands of the Earth God. I don't know if the World's Edge has faired as well as the Foothills. I've heard rumors that their forest had been burned down by the Sun God, but I really don't know if I can believe them or not. I hope the rumors are only rumors and that the sun hasn't defiled the land of the moon, I really do. Maybe one day I'll go there myself to see. Maybe I'll even meet King Mauja again. He certainly seemed nice enough. He'd even said I could visit him if I wanted to.

I lay in the shade of one of the Foothills' giant trees, watching the sun as it dips below the mountain tops. When the last little bit of it sinks out of view I finally push myself up and stand. Despite the milder temperatures in the Foothills it is still hot and the minute the sun is gone I can already feel it cooling. This goads me into action and I turn on my heels and begin running toward the waterfall and the pool it feeds.

Despite the already growing coolness of the evening I still begin to work up a sweat. When I finally reach the pool I only take a moment looking up at the waterfall before running in to the water. I lay down and roll, letting the cool water seep the day's heat from my small, dark body. When I stand I shake the water from my coat, which serves very little purpose because moments later I am rearing only to crash down into the water and send waves of it crashing up into my face. I laugh then run, or try to, through the water bucking and splashing the water everywhere.

Messages In This Thread
hills and highlands [madmask] - by Aylin - 07-27-2012, 06:47 AM
RE: hills and highlands [madmask] - by Aylin - 07-28-2012, 06:38 AM