the Rift

Back to basics

Yseulte Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 5
Itzal :: White Tiger :: Hypnotize roni

Yseulte smiled in return.

"That is well, Cat." The Vasílissa did not suffer fools well, and so she was immensely pleased to meet such a straightforward soul who was quick to grasp a concept, weigh its pros and cons, and respond just as swiftly. Yes, Yseulte meant what she had said. Such a swift, decisive thinker would do well among them. But was the girl's body and fighting prowess as sharply honed as her mind? If not, a training regiment would soon remedy that. "Yes. Sister," Yseulte agreed softly as she regarded the even gaze of the young recruit. Such bold, fearless eyes.

"As it happens, you are currently my only sister and the first Valkyrie. Congratulations." The odd, cool smile lingered upon Yseult'es soft, pale lips for a moment longer, before fading seamlessly into the flawless contour of her jaw. Her gaze hardened. "You will swear a a lifelong oath of fealty to the Valkyries alongside your sisters, once we have increased our numbers." Would the girl remain faithful to her decision or would she balk? Yseulte certainly hoped not. She had to start somewhere, after all, and if she had to build an empire with only Cat at her side, then so be it. "You can swim, yes? There is a small island to the southwest of the Endless Blue's shores. There we shall lay the foundations of the Valkyries this winter."

She had not explored the whole of the island yet, but it would suffice for the time being as they recruited sisters. So far south the island escaped the brutality of winter and was a wild, humid tangle of beautiful jungeland that teemed with vegetation, freshwater springs, and exotic birds and beasts. Although she did not particularly care for the dense trees, the island had a mysterious, dangerous allure to it with all of its grand decoration of draping vines and poisonous flowers. Itzal had been loathe to depart with the exotic little island. She had never seen her tiger companion so half so thrilled as he was when he prowled through the heart of the jungle, exploring the hidden depths and chasing brightly colored birds. But that had been when the sun scorched the earth and warmed the sea. She had not been back since the disappearance of the sun, but desperately hoped she could trust her instincts to find her way back to it again in a sea of blackness.

"Name what you would train to be, and I shall grant it. Are you a shieldmaiden who speaks with blows, or a siren who has a clever tongue to speak for you? Or do you possess the fleet feet and keen eyes of a scout? If neither of these suits you, perhaps thievery." Yseulte contemplated the young Valkyrie before her, pondering which would appeal to Cat the most. "As for your current duties, I expect you to help me recruit those deemed worthy of our ranks." She paused, her gaze finally softening. "Do you have any questions for me, little sister?"

yseulte & itzal,

ALL THE WAYS I GOT TO KNOW
YOUR PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL.

Messages In This Thread
Back to basics - by Catalina - 06-29-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Catalina - 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM