the Rift

[OPEN] Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

The sound of the Glazier's voice wrapping its way around her name made her smile. Things were right and as they should be. Grumpy as Duchanar may have been when she first stumbled upon him, it was the luckiest of the events that could have transpired. She didn't know it then or now, but she knew that she was happy with what had become of the short time she had spent here in Helovia. Gods. As the grullo stallion spoke of the immortals she flicked her ears to and fro slightly. She knew little of them, other than they existed, but now was not the time for such conversations.

The watchful eye of the grullo stallion upon her did not unnerve her, though perhaps it should have. And Thor's silence and brooding, though unnatural to him, was all she had known of him and she could only assume it was his natural state. If she could have understood the history between the pair she spoke with her heart would have been heavy. She wasn't meant for such sorrows, though. Even if she had asked she would not have understood the depth of the emotions between to two of them. Her feelings were often so fleeting, even the memories of the loss of her parents and twin brother came and went so suddenly. Philosophizing just wasn't in her nature, or in the course the stars had set out for her.

Critical information. The words of her king caused her to turn her head to look at him. His words intrigued her. She had known that magic must be involved in the crafters' duties somehow, to create a wall was no small task after all, but the idea of herself gaining magic hadn't exactly crossed her mind. To be like a mare from a fairytale, like almost every horse she had seen since entering Helovia, was enticing to her and only strengthened her resolve. This was her course in her new found life. She was certain. Now, upon the words of the Glazier, she just had to put her thoughts into words.
How come I chose the edge? Dreams and hopes? Oh, there is plenty to talk about, isn't there. But we won't go into the whole story. That may be a little too much information.
“You've been nothing but a perfect host, Thor,” she smiled kindly. Gentle Heart could not have been a clearer description and she would not soon forget the hospitality she had been shown in coming here. Turning back to Lace, then, she began to address his questions. “Ah, ask all the questions you will, my friend. This is your home and I've come into it so suddenly.” His concerns were warranted, of course. She could respect that. “I can't imagine a reason I would have said no to an offer to live here. Duchanar found me in the Threshold, Thor welcomed me so kindly at the borders. Duchanar and Thor also briefly mentioned the Dragon Heart and the work she does to maintain this land for you- us.” She paused for a moment thinking back to some of Duchanar's first words when they came to the border of the Edge. “They called this a family. I want to be a part of that.” It was subtle, but her voice had changed just ever so slightly at these last two sentences. They were some of the most honest and heart-felt words she had spoken. Her prior words had all been truth, of course, but some thoughts come from the heart more than the brain.

“I must admit, the Glazier trade was a more sudden realization. In coming to the borders we had seen a mare with some sort of charm or trinket about her neck...” She trailed off momentarily before picking up with a somewhat different thought. “If I am to call the Edge home and the Qian family then I want to be useful to them. I don't desire to be a burden on the herd or useless addition simply to raise numbers.” It was all truth- the little part about her ambition for power was simply left out. Not a lie, an omission. “I'm no warrior, though, and I'm afraid I'll never be a philosopher. I suppose I could heal... but to add more beauty to the world by creating...” She trailed off, unsure how to finish the sentiment, although the intent of her sentence was likely clear. Her thoughts and words were scattered, but she was no liar. She didn't have the skills for it. She could only hope now that she had explained herself well enough for the grullo stallion and Thor. In wandering alone for a year she had not be asked to explain her feelings and she was somewhat out of practice.

@[Lace]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Kahlua - 06-29-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Lace - 07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Thor - 07-15-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Kahlua - 07-15-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Thor - 07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Kahlua - 07-31-2013, 01:23 AM