[OPEN] Take me, wash my sorrow away

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

My stomach churned and bubbled, the water sloshing back and forth in it awkwardly. I have not eaten regularly as I should, especially for as much as I wander around. The days have stretched on for pointless hours, seeming to mock my very being. Tired, dry eyes felt as if I hadn't blinked in months; they peeled apart with a sand paper like texture beneath each eye lid. Nothing was actually in either eye, other wise they would be wet with tears that would try to rid grit of my vision. I had been off by myself for far too long; the closest I had been to home was a meeting with my lord, Mauja, at the Heavenly Fields. The cold sensations, unlike the rest of Helovia at the time, felt welcoming, rather than obnoxious.

Night terrors flooded my dreams every night, visions of my mother's body strewn out across a pale white, textureless land haunted my every slumber. The sight of blood had not turned my gut unless it was that of Mother's. No matter how long it has been, or ever will be, the day will forever be stained into my memory. They had tried taking care of me, now that they have seen that my body is slowly breaking down. They will have no host for their party, no where to stay and mock another soul. The mind game had been completed at one point or another, one that I had not dashed out in my mental calendar. I probably should have, it would have been a good reminder. They had finally accomplished eating away every single emotion.. and now that it's gone, they have nothing to manipulate. Now they are back on a quest to gain it back.

The ocean was something that I had found comforting lately. My first round here left me standing knee deep, talking to a giddy toddler with a spiky little horn. Her intentions, though adorable, seemed to have no affect on me. I tried to push her home, but that did not seem to work out very well. Here I am again, wasting another day doing absolutely nothing. Mauja had taught me that I cannot fight. There is nothing more to me than failure at this point. Even though my lord is so much larger, wiser, and better skilled than I, he took it far too easy. His body swayed out of the way quickly, bobbing each dumb rear and kick. That's what I should be working on right now. A loud growl from my stomach reminded me that that would not be a good idea right now. My energy level was so below empty that I was not quite sure how I was still wandering aimlessly.

Muffled voices from afar caught my red rimed ears, the left rotating toward the noise, as it was closest. Crimson eyes continued to stare out into the endless waters, watching the tall waves crash onto one another. The sand below my gnarled hooves rushed out from under me with the waves, just to be washed back up eventually and restart its' entire journey. Could I do that? Perhaps. No, there's no way. The mass of my body would weigh me down eventually, likely only a few paddles into the deep, leaving me to drown and suffocate myself into the darkness. My mind was already there, so why not the body that carried it? Maybe I should tell Mauja first. He would just do it for me. It'd be less cold that way. Pay attention, this may be important Mother's voice chirped in my head, trying to pull my attention back from the depths of my brain to what was actually happening.

With a soft huff, I listened to her.. no. It. It was not Her. It would never be her. Shush My eyes seemed to automatically follow my ears, along with my skull. My whole face shifted to the left, just in time to catch a manic laughter. There's your crew I heard one huff under their non-existent breath. I ignored it, my curiosity and nosiness finding their way back into the front line of my attention. The water lapped up past my knees, the fresh scab covering the soon-to-be scar above my right knee cap. The chill of the ocean water felt nice, even in the constant costal wind.

Each muscle tightened and released, wanting to go spy on what was going on. I have lowered myself to that point: watching drama unfold on unaware prey. I have always been a good sneaker, but this, this was just dumb. I gave into the aches, starting off on my right leg, bringing myself back up to shore by turning to my left. I wadded through the shallow waves for a while, being noisy as I moved without a care. They all chimed at me to get out of the water, that I was being too loud. At this point I figured no one would hear me.. but I could have been wrong. I've been wrong a lot.

The beach sand was warm compared to the chill grasp of the angry waters. I sunk a little into the sand with each step, making it harder to navigate than need be. With the tide rolling in steadily, I knew I would have to walk in the soft, loose sand if I wanted to be out of the water. Crimson eyes drifted up from the light colored sand, automatically finding the swiftest movement. A black bird, it's feathers looking as if they were freshly oiled, dove from the air, aiming at something that was well hidden by a massive rock. They all "Ooooh"-ed, This should be interesting one of them blabbed from what I imaged was the back of the group.

Carelessly picking up my pace, I pushed my tired, weak legs into a sloppy trot, tripping once in a while on nothing but my own feet and the thick sand. The rock eventually was out of my way, rendering a sleek black equine, wild eyes staring down a one winged mare of the exact opposite coloring. I slowed my choppy pace to a walk, stopping in full view of the action. The bird now sat perched on the mare's withers, clutched on to her bony body as if he too were part of it. The sight of a one-winged Pegasus was something rather funny, though some what sad at the same time. I'm sure she must have gotten into some kind of mess that she couldn't get out of in order for that to happen. It wasn't every day you saw that really.

The stallion seemed to be pressing the mostly white mare into a frantic panic, her eyes wide with fear, rather than whatever emotion it was that the stallion was projecting. The mare tossed her head in a distressed fashion, exposing those gentle eyes that I knew too well. The same scared look that I had met at first glance was plastered onto her features. My heart, already drained of everything I thought it had to give, seemed to sink lower, dropping into my hungry stomach. "Africa." My jaw hung slack for a moment.

What was I supposed to do? I can't be a hero, not again. Not when I am in this state. The green eyed male now seemed like a monster to me as well, stocking the only thing that had ever plucked at a real emotion in my heart. It may not have been anything real, but it was something enough to protect. My throat nearly closed at the thought of stepping between the two, but it was all I could feel I could do. "Get the fuck away from her!" It felt like every ounce of energy I had left had nearly tripled, the adrenaline slowly coursing through my veins to bring me back to life. Back haunches locked up, front legs pushing my front quarters into the air. Both black hooves wielded at the cold air like knives, spraying sand momentarily. Not that I was anything scary, but I may as well try. My blood stain patterned mug peeled open to show stained teeth, my body finally landing back to the soft cushion of sand.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Africa] and @[Shajake]
Ooc: Remember, if you guys don't want me in here, kick me out. Lol. This is already a pretty heated deal going on, xD

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Take me, wash my sorrow away - by Africa - 07-01-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: Take me, wash my sorrow away - by Shajake - 07-01-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Take me, wash my sorrow away - by Africa - 07-01-2013, 05:45 AM
RE: Take me, wash my sorrow away - by Shajake - 07-01-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Take me, wash my sorrow away - by Africa - 07-01-2013, 10:14 PM