!! Miss Missing You

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

The golden mare picked up her feet, listening to the sound of the birds as they chirped their warnings. It was going to be cold here, it wasn't something that one should take lightly. She had been cold for the past couple of months of her travel, but the concerned sound of the birds was something completely different to her ears. A snort escaped her maw as she peered up to the red-tailed hawk that was following her. He glided down, running his feathers along her spine and let out a sharp cry. The border was different. So weird. I don't suggest passing this border, ma'am. Something seems off... He cawed in her head, hovering right along the very edge of the forest they were pacing in front of. "I have to keep moving. They can't find me..." she retorted, panic filling her features ever so slightly. She couldn't get dragged back to the stupid cave and it's frigid air and lack of food and water. With a guard who was trying to act like Taj. It was all too much for her. "I have to cross the border. Stay with me please, Recke." She called to her hawk as he continued to fly along the border. With a bird-like sigh he descended so that he had landed upon her withers, wings ruffling just enough to get situated before he closed his wings up against his side.

Two uncertain steps toward the left, and then two uncertain steps toward the right. She had to go in there. She had to get away from her old land. A snort escaped her maw as she felt the vibrations along the border. Something was different. Something was drastically different. It was radiating with such power and force that it felt as though her skin was going to be ripped off of her the second she plowed through it. But it seemed like more of a safe haven if she could get through. And if she didn't make it then at least she didn't have to worry about getting caught again. Two steps back. No. More. Another two steps back. No. Still more. Six steps back. A loud snort and then a deep intake of breath. And then she was bolting full force past the strange vibrations. It was like her breath was getting knocked out of her lungs. She stumbled forwards, ice under her feet taking her by surprise as she slid directly into a huge oak tree. A huff of annoyance escaped her maw before she staggered backward, shaking her head violently to get rid of the pain that was pulsating through her cranium.

What was going on? She still could just barely get her breath back into her lungs when she felt something dig into her withers. Her head swung around at the sound of a loud caw, as if Recke had found his meal. "Recke! Claws off! Get your claws off!" Rasta chastised her companion. But it seemed he couldn't hear her. Or, at the very least he couldn't understand her. Her maw was met with a snap from his sharp beak, a little bit of blood trailing down between her nares before he took off from her back. He circled her a couple of times before taking off the the sky and not looking back once. "Recke! Recke! Come back!" she cried, panic filling her lungs. She shuffled in place, her head looking up toward the sky as she peered around for the hawk that had once been her other half.

She felt so empty. Part of her was missing. A definite part of her was missing. And the pain from his claws in her withers was stronger than the dull throb she was accustomed with feeling. Even her head was bothering her more than usual. She felt so vulnerable. What was so different about this place? What was it about just barely crossing a border that had caused her to lose just this exact sense of who she was? That was when her mind managed to pick up the difference in her body's own vibrations. She was aging. Her body was working to keep all of her moving and keeping up with the times.

Quietly, Rasta closed her blind orbs, letting out a tiny breath and feeling the tendrils of hot air circle around her face and run it's delicate fingers along the crevices in her cranium. Each muscle and bone being brushed against and it was slightly comforting. Knowing that it was all okay, that the world was at least working relatively normal. She let out a tiny huff of breath before starting to inch forward. Her mind concentrating on each tiny vibration in the ground around her as she felt the terrain she was going to have to begin to get used to. The overwhelming wall of vibrations was still radiating behind her as she began to trot deeper and deeper into the forest. Her ivory mane curling up in the air around her as she raised her hooves up in a snapping motion to ensure she didn't trip over any roots. Her whole world was already turned head over heels from the incessant vibrations that were stuck in her cranium from slamming into the border.

Her legs were getting tired and she was still partially breathless from the shock of crossing the vibrations and getting all of her connections broken away from her. She felt useless and so as she allowed her frame to stop in the middle of a huge collection of trees she shook her head, pretending to peer around the land. Trees tall, towering well up into the skyline. Brush circling around the bottom of the trees and creating a thick amount of foliage to push through in order to move forward. There were night owls fluffing their wings in the tree's and the sound of hoof steps were filling her ears. Perhaps there was someone around here who could aid her. She was going to need someplace to stay. Though she wasn't sure where exactly at this moment. But she knew that she couldn't live life on the run.

She was a changed mare. She wasn't safe and she needed a new home...

1054 words
Completely open <3
-loves imi for the table-
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
!! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM