!! Miss Missing You

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

It was such a strange feeling for her - to feel so empty, as though something that was a drastic part of her had just disappeared. She was reaching out desperately for some sort of connection with her hawk. Her hawk that seemed to have broken ties with her completely. No matter how much she begged and pleaded in her mind she could not pull him back toward her. It was a sickening feeling. It was something she didn't wish to repeat. But was there no way around this feeling? Was there a simple way to regain this missing part of herself? She wanted to feel whole if she had to age. She didn't want to be this half-alive carcass who was struggling through life finally beginning to understand the pains of aging. No. It was definitely too much.

She shook her head as she planted her hooves in the ground. Each flint planted squarely for the best balance as she felt the minuscule vibrations of the trees as they swayed in the light breeze. There was no familiar caw twisting and turning through trees as her petite head peered up toward the forever black sky-scape. Even if there was light her eyes would catch none of it. She was blind, that was something she had to live with. She couldn't see the glinting luminescence of the lights glowing off of the trees and radiating off of her creme coat, causing it to be more orange in hue. She wouldn't get to see the beautiful hues of blues and greens. She wouldn't be able to see this starless sky and the lantern trees. She was stuck in a world of perpetual blackness. Shadows in every corner. Just barely being able to make out the shapes of everything. But with her years of practice she was able to decipher who a person was off of their shape andd their speech. She was able to find the minute movements. She was able to move on with life and survive. That was something to be proud of. It was also something that caused her some pain. She wanted to be normal like everyone else. Yet. She never could be. Perhaps if she could get her hawk back she would feel right with the world again. Perhaps she would begin to feel like herself...

Rasta could pick up easily on the vibrations of feet. A mare, pregnant at that, from the weight and her seemingly waddling gait. That was when she realized something seemed quite different. There were appendages growing off of her shoulder blades, easily capable of stretching out and being thrice fold as large as the mare herself. The wind seemed to be playing with the winged mare's mane, delicately pulling on it and placing it around and around in circles and twirls. All lines, outlines and inside lines to show her the person itself in the three dimensional manner that life itself was. Each line vibrated just a little and formed basic pictures, enough for her mind to wrap around it and get her environment as well as the minute changes in the background. She could feel the light shifts in weight as one moved from leg to leg.

That was when she could hear the sound of hooves edging closer. Still waddling, still obviously pregnant. She had stopped stark still in the clearing, her blind eyes moving around as if they were taking everything in when a sweet voice falls through the clearing. She shifts her weight, feeling the motion of another horse coming closer. This one has a limp, an obvious limp so she doesn't mind when she turns her back toward the oncoming equine. The mare before Rasta would like a moment, and she is inclined to give her one. Her blind gaze is directed toward the mare, though it is obvious that she cannot focus her gaze upon the winged creature nor actually lock her gaze on her. She is simply staring at the area around her, close enough to pass for someone walking by, but if they were to attempt to meet her gaze they would find that there is none for them to meet.

"Of course you may, ma'am. It's nice to see there are other of the equine nature lurking these lands," Rasta said, sweet silken chords floating in the air toward the mare. "I sense we are not alone, ma'am. Are you expecting someone?" she questioned, and as if on cue the sound of dirt and rocks being kicked up resounded in her ears. Turning her head delicately toward the stag with the limp she gave a light bob of her head in greeting. The stag pulled himself up toward the two mares, taking care to puff up his frame, attempting to seem bigger, more manly, as he stepped up beside him. A cocky grin was placed upon his face as the stag chirped out a greeting. She had seen few with such a nice demeanor that managed to hold such cockiness. It reminded her of someone that she couldn't exactly remember. But it was so familiar. And that familiarity struck a sharp pain in her heart. Perhaps she wasn't alone?

Rasta's mind flashed back. Apodis? Was this him? She had missed him. It was great to see him. Such a familiar voice, laced with a sweetness that was covered by a sense of authority. It had to be him. In fact... it was him. That cocky grin was proof of it. "Would you like to wipe the grin off your face, soldier?" she asked with amusement filling her tones. "Pleasure to see you again Apodis - at least I am quite certain it is you. If I am mistaken I am sorry." she said, giving a gentle smile toward both of them. "I go by Rasta, your name ma'am?" she offered, shifting her weight just enough to stand so that she was positioned safely between the two of them.

Now, it was time to see if her ability to judge the vibrations had stayed with her through crossing this border.

1028 words
Rasta misses her hawk @[Sohalia] && @[Apodis]
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
!! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM