the Rift

!! Miss Missing You

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I have never given much thought to my ability to see, but I must for a moment stop to truly appreciate that gift. I am met by a blank stare - no, blank is not the right word, for emotion (even if it is simply calmness) shows in her clouded orbs. No, it is the ability to see that this mare lacks, though I do not know how to describe it to someone who has not seen it. She looks around me or through me, not at me; for one raised to look at who she talks to, I am a bit affronted until I realize that she simply cannot look directly at me, cannot meet my gaze. It is an odd thing to get used to, I am sure, and should I prove successful in my recruiting endeavors today, I hope to have the chance to do so. But for now I must convince her to accompany me home.

She is polite, and I get the feeling that she is well-versed in diplomacy. "I could say the same," I agree as she speaks of meeting another, for though I left home to escape company, I do not relish solitude for very long. It is ironic, of course, considering that I had been terrified to enter into a herd for such a long time. But now I cannot imagine myself without them. To the announcement of a new arrival, I stiffen, anxiety momentarily coloring my thoughts. There are many who might take advantage of the endless night, more who would do harm to a pregnant mare from the Dragon's Throat solely to cause a stir. And I cannot have that. But I could not hope to escape in my condition, either.

I am just about to reply (rather nervously, I might add) that I am not expecting company when the steed bounds into the clearing. He voices a civil greeting, and I would be pleased to respond in kind, but the still-unnamed mare beats me to it. I look between the pair, bemused, as the mare teasingly berates the stallion. She calls him soldier, and I am left to think of my own warrior. Not that I can truly call him mine. I sigh, shifting my weight from one side to the other. I can feel the foal shift, and it makes me uncomfortable. I find that I am unable to rest at a standstill, but it would be rude to move on. Besides, I would very much like this pair to join me in my trek, as much for my protection as for their assimilation into the Throat.

"My name is Sohalia," I say with a small, shy smile. She cannot see me, but I still feel intimidated - both of them share a certain authority that a grossly pregnant mare just... lacks. But wait - she had commented on the stallion's grin, hadn't she? So can she see? I am utterly confused, for I have never met a blind fae before, and I haven't the slightest idea how it works. I remember that she seemed to have no trouble navigating the terrain, and as I continue my introductions I ponder the oddities of that which I do not understand. "I am an artisan of the Dragon's Throat, a desert herdland to the south. I craft in metal and crystal, but I'm afraid that I haven't been doing very much crafting lately."

The statement leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. The darkness has not brought only the dangers that lurk in the night, but also a vulnerability that I have not felt since I first acquired my magic. I have grown since then - now I can enter the spirit world to converse with the dead, crystallize living things in a layer of diamond-like rock, and forge metal with nothing more than my thoughts. Or I had been able to, until this cursed blackness took it away. I am surprised by how reliant I have become on my magic, how much of a crutch it is, how much it defines me. But I'm afraid that it cannot be helped.

"These are dangerous times to wander alone," I add. "If I may, might you both accompany to my homeland? I fear that we will be much safer in a group, and there is shelter there aplenty. I am sure that our leader would be more than happy to meet with you and to assist you in any way that she can. Soldiers are always welcome," I tell the steed with another shy smile, "and I am sure that you have talents as well, Rasta, though I may not know them yet." I find myself quite talkative today, and decide that I might want to give them time to respond before I continue to prattle on about nothing.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Apodis & Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM