the Rift

[OPEN] go away, bitter memory

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
power loves not the light of day

To those who knew the shadow-mare prior to her departure and subsequent return to Helovia, it may have come as a surprise that she was capable of any emotion at all save malicious greed; it would be even more astonishing to realize that she could actually care for any other than herself. That she stalked the boundaries of her herd, that the lines of her face were etched with worry, that her mind was overcome with plans to keep them safe - all of these attributes had been nonexistent prior to her realization that Helovia might just be her home. Ah, and what a home it was! Or, at least, what a land it used to be. The gods had taken their light with them, leaving the realm bathed in darkness. How long could it hold up against the relentless onslaught of abnormality?

But her corporal had pulled her from the depths of despair, and she had realized once more that there was indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. After all, what would be stupid enough to travel this far north in a Frostfall without a sun? What predators could possibly be moving around out there? Besides, inside their mountainous home, they reigned supreme. Enemies must pass through a single entrance, and would be easy to defend against. Unless they flew in, a small voice whispered in the back of her mind; she glanced distractedly to the sky, and then returned her amber eyes to Illynx. No, she could not focus on the negative; that would do her no good. She must be proactive in this trying time; she must continue to lead her herd to glory, despite the fact that they had been forsaken. The gods were of no use to her, anyway; she did not need them to accomplish her goals. Perhaps Helovia would be better off without them.

The corporal's admission was met with a smile and a soft chuckle, for her words were true; the herd had grown and continued to grow since their arrival in the valley, all thanks to an almost religious dedication to recruitment. "My darlings have done well, haven't they?" she mused aloud. "We are stronger than we have ever been, my dear, but they do not all believe as we do. It will take more before we can prove truly successful in our endeavors." It is said neither sadly or angrily, but as a simple statement of fact. There is a moment of quiet, and then a new question, one that piques the Lady's interest. The Assassins. She snorted, amused. "Ha! Their leader... I don't even remember her name, dear one, but she came to visit ages ago. She wanted our support to take the Edge. Let it suffice to say that I have not heard word of them since. Do they really think they can do it?"

@[tag]
"Talk talk talk."

in darkness is where it thrives
Image Credits
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Illynx - 07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 07-04-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Illynx - 07-04-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 07-04-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Illynx - 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Illynx - 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 07-21-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Illynx - 07-23-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: go away, bitter memory - by Psyche - 08-15-2013, 06:24 PM