the Rift

[OPEN] Loading. . .
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
I was confined to the Throat, which was currently surrounded by darkness. One couldn’t see a hoof-full of yards beyond the sparkling light trees, (as we called them), that lead paths through the Threshold. I knew that Ktulu was beyond those lights, and perhaps in the dark all alone with our daughter and her sister—even though rumors said that the gods had provided sanctuary for those that lay within herdlands. Who could blame me for worrying? Woe to the cold, it was freezing in the areas away from Dragon Fire. Much to cool for flight in extended periods, and without the sun to warm our wings…how would we survive this tribulation? My eyes shift to heaven, their golden fire is dulled by darkness—sunken by sleeplessness. I held dread and fear.

My body lingered on the border, steps still sunk by red dirt. If I went to find you, would this family disappear? I sighed and the mist rose above me, disappearing into the sightless area above. A sound, much like the call of a raptor came from behind me. One ear swiveled but my rigid position didn’t bother breaking, I wouldn’t have to turn to know that the other half of my bonded soul was approaching. She lands smartly across my rear, snapping a quick question into my mind, “What are you doing?” I sigh again, turning my face to regard the child who no longer burned with fire, “Thinking…”

Scoffing at me Fina swiveled around to stare into the direction she just came from, “You think many great thoughts, and act very little,” her tone was accusing but correct. I couldn’t hide much from her, (if any at all.)

Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Loading. . . - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Hector - 07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Midas - 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Hector - 08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Midas - 08-03-2013, 02:25 PM