the Rift

living on a prayer [asylum]

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizand

Why should I worry for my appearances when I know full well that my half-sister claims no sanity? Of course she would take my bewilderment in stride; of course she would view my panicked glances back and forth between my invisible little pair of consciences as normal. Their colours have all blended together, though not in the way you might think: rather than fading delicately into one another until there is only one hue where once there were three, they remain strictly separate, though they intertwine relentlessly around one another until I can no longer tell which is real and which is a figment of my imagination. The burnt orange of Seele's lyrics whisper through the crimson of Unheil's silent screams, and both are heavily contrasted by the gentle blue that Liebling brings.

Sure enough, she picks up on my dilemma quickly enough, though I fear my hesitation might have made me appear less than worthy of her time. It is not my wish to find her only to lose her, for even if I never share the truth of our situation - for it is indeed our situation, and has been since my unfortunate involvement with Liebling's death - I will spend the rest of my life attempting to make it up to her. I simply cannot bear the thought of being turned away when I have only just found my prize. With my increased anxiety, Unheil's actions grow more and more violent: his form rears, paws the air, and then paces at a brisk, angry trot back and forth beside me. He grows nearer, and though I know his phantom figure cannot touch me, I must resist the urge to shy away. I am not entirely sure that my almost-flinch will go unnoticed, but perhaps it will only prove my lacking mental stability.

On my other side, the light blue of Liebling has grown, if anything, more stoic. Her form, interlaced with her colour, sways gently back and forth, almost to a rhythm, as though doing so will keep her grounded and calm. Perhaps there was more to the little mare than I had known at the time, though of course my knowledge of her had been sadly short-lived. What Seele had seen in her, I will likely never know; all I know is that Liebling was of the utmost importance to her. The loss of the fae had driven my half-sister to murder, though that is admittedly not the most difficult thing to do. My attention is drawn back to Seele, though, more because of the vermillion that blossoms in my vision than the actual sound of her vocals. "A little crazy is perhaps an understatement," I admit softly, my quiet chords a stark contrast to Seele's poisonously honeyed tones. "I am Reizend. A home would be much appreciated."

"Talk talk talk."

472 words
@[Seele]

Messages In This Thread
living on a prayer [asylum] - by Reizend - 07-03-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Seele - 07-04-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Reizend - 07-04-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Seele - 07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Reizend - 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Seele - 07-15-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: living on a prayer [asylum] - by Reizend - 07-15-2013, 06:16 PM