the Rift

[OPEN] days come and go [birthing; rasta, apodis, lead]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I wince slightly as I recognize the fear on both Rasta's and Apodis' faces; I ought to have warned them that Pegasi are common here. I didn't think of it, but since Rasta sees through vibrations, it must have been horribly startling for Gaucho to appear, particularly as suddenly and violently as he did. I will make a note to apologize later, but for now I believe I have other things to attend to. I have finished cleaning my daughter, who nurses happily at my side, her little suckling noises bringing a smile to my face. I could not possibly explain to anyone else why I find it so adorable, but I am sure that another mother would understand. It is my child's life, and it is the only time in her life that she will need only me to survive. How much more loved can one feel? How much more could anyone ever need me that this little flicka in this little moment?

I am glad when Gaucho relaxes, though his confusion is clearly visible. I have to wonder if he ever becomes frustrated with those of us more verbally inclined than he, for I know I would in his place. Though, come to think of it, if he has never known anything else, then I suppose it wouldn't bother him, would it? The word 'pain' seems to catch his attention, and though I know he is not capable of the love I might desire, there is something so very protective and perhaps a bit worried in his gaze that draws me to step closer. Zenobia will follow; she will not be crushed under my hooves, and the movement will give her practice walking, which she will need in the soon-to-follow trip to the Oasis. The pain is much less now, more of a soreness, really, so I hardly need herbs, but I will go nonetheless. I have other questions for our shaman, anyway, much more pressing than a simple painkiller.

"Soh good," I say softly, nudging Gaucho's shoulder, brushing my maw gently along his nape until I could not reach any higher. He is ever so much taller than I, after all. "Soh happy." Perhaps these, at least, are concepts that he can understand. I am pleasantly surprised when his snake falls from his antlers and, with a careful glance toward me, begins to make her way for my own bodice. It is an experience that I have had only once before, sharing his companion's affection, and thought at first I had been nervous, I have come to genuinely like her company. I nod and smile slightly, and she winds herself along my bodice until she comes to rest atop my hindquarters. She, at least, seems to understand the concept of children, for there is something very protective in her eyes. "Thank you," I whisper, watching her gratefully, though I truly don't know that she understands any more than Gaucho.

Onni has taken control of the situation, and I smily thankfully at her as well, for I am exhausted. I have not met our shaman previously (though I have no idea how this is so, for it seems that she might be an important being to acquaint oneself with) but I already like her. I wait until she and the newcomers are finished speaking, and then create my own addendum. "I will not need herbs for the pain, Onni, though I thank you for the offer. I would like to talk to you about something else, though, if you have a moment once we return?"

"talk talk talk"
@[Apodis]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: days come and go [birthing; rasta, apodis, lead] - by Sohalia - 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM