the Rift

[OPEN] !! Death Valley [Amara]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA& Sameira
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

My speech was improving greatly. I'd chat with myself when I was alone, Sameira bouncing around on my back. It was amusing, but I enjoyed it. I just talked to myself, trying to teach myself how to speak properly. If any other horse saw me, they would have thought I was nuts. But in truth, I wasn't. Sort of. Every now and then I heard the faintest whisper of a voice. My mommy's voice. The only reason I knew what she sounded like was because of her screaming and weeping and moaning from my birth day. But whenever I heard her voice, it was only a gentle whisper, a delicate brush against my neck.

I strode through the eerie Marsh, my eyes constantly flickering back and forth, trying to spot moving objects. So far, nothing. But who was I to know? It was too dark to see much. I kept myself dry by staying on the worn path, illuminated by the Light Trees. Despite the trees, I could only see a few stride ahead of me before everything went dark. I strode onward, trying to be as quiet as possible. Sameira whimpered a little, only because she peeked from under the blanket I had slung over my back. I thought I heard something, but I was unsure of it. My eyes steadily shifted, trying to spot something. I heard a branch snap nearby, and I held back a squeal. Mother's faint whispering crawled into my ear, words tickling them. You'll be fine my lassie, just keep going. There's nothing to fear. Her words faded, lasting within my mind for a few more seconds before my own words came from my lips. ”Hello? Is-is anyone there?” I had stopped, constantly shifting my weight as I anxiously waited for a reply from someone, or something.

A blanket of silence fell over me as I waited, and I closed my eyes for a moment, thinking of my mommy. I opened my eyes, and I swear I saw a flash of my mother beside me. But in an instant she vanished, leaving me only with the whining Sameira. She moved farther along my back, her small claws digging into my hair. I forced the whimper of pain back down my throat, not wanting to attract any more attention. I glanced around for another time, my metallic amber eyes trying to catch movement. But there was nothing. Sighing, I relaxed slightly, relieved I wasn't being followed or watched. Or was I?

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

@[Seele]

Messages In This Thread
!! Death Valley [Amara] - by Seele - 07-05-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Amara - 07-05-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Seele - 07-05-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Amara - 07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Seele - 07-05-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Seele - 07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: !! Death Valley [Amara] - by Amara - 07-16-2013, 05:59 PM