Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

Why had he even come? Of course there wasn't going to be anything here, not a soul to listen to a prayer or grant any favors. There was only the wind and the sea and the eerie glow of the blue lava, and the strange runes that whispered to his heart even though he had never seen symbols like them before. The stallion stared grimly at the ruins of the shrines, a wind whipped statue barely discernible against the gray rock. Cloaked in darkness, with only the faint pallor of the tiny dragon as a hint that someone was there at all. Was he the first to set hoof in this place since the darkness fell?

"Unlikely" Fajira noted and wrapped the scaled tail around the cold rock she perched upon, aggressively unconcerned that it was the shrine of the Sun God and not just a pile of rubble. "Others would have come running to ask what happened. Others would have left again, fearful and disappointed. Not all have WildRoses around to tell truths."

Lace hummed in consent and took a step back from the scripture he had been studying. Turning gilded eyes to look out towards the black sea he tried to spot a brightening of the sky towards the horizon, but in vain. All that met his gaze was darkness, deep and black and impenetrable. A soft curse left his tongue and with a grimace he shrugged and began to pace around the shrines, half searching for a spot where the wind didn't bite as coldly, half walking off a deep rooted restlessness that just wouldn't seem to leave him.

"Tell me what bothers you" the dragon demanded patiently, even though the knowledge was so easy to find should she choose to look for it. Sometimes, she had found, it was better to let the brooding stallion she shared a soul with explain himself - it seemed to clear his mind, and it was far better than to rummage through the jumbled heap of thoughts that raged through his mind in times like these.

Lace stopped and turned towards her, tail swishing impatiently as an ear ticked backwards. "You know what bothers me" he said, lips tightening in discontent. "The bloody darkness, the cold, the fact that I don't know if it's day or night, whether time has moved at all since the gods disappeared. Where did they go, are they coming back, if they do will I have to deal with the accursed magic again. I shouldn't wish for them to stay wherever they took off to, I know that, and I feel bad for all those who really want their powers back. But as far as I'm concerned they can keep their so called gifts and leave us alone."

A dark glare was shot at the ruins that silhouetted against the blue glow that surrounded them, as though they were the high lords of Helovia themselves. He began pacing again, speaking as he clopped across the uneven surface, careful about where he placed his feet so as not to hurt himself.
"It's not just that though, is it" she replied, reptilian eyes reflecting the color of the lava as they followed him on his path, steady and clear as a spring sky.

"No" he admitted and kicked a stone out of the way, eyes following it as it clattered over the black rock. "It's..." He opened the maw but no words came out, and with a strangled sound as though something was choking him the steed bundled up all the tangled feelings and shoved them over to the dragon to see for herself. With a contemptuous squawk the White wobbled a bit on her perch as though something had physically struck her, and with a hard glance toward Lace she looked through the threads of thought, the images and sensations he pushed onto her. It was hard for the dragoness not to laugh the horse in the face as he came padding and stopped before her, head hanging low and with a miserable look on the face. Really, males. They made everything so difficult when it didn't have to be.

"I don't see the problem" she conveyed mildly and stretched her back in a feline manner, pearly scales rising and falling like a glittering wave as the slender back arched towards the black sky. A tiny clawed paw reached out and combed through his silken mane, as gently as she could be. "So you love her. So you want her. It is normal. Nothing to feel shame over, nothing to panic about. Let it take time, my Silver, and I don't doubt that good things will come to you."

With catlike grace Fajira gathered herself and took a leap through the air, landing deftly on the broad back of the crafter where she settled down, retracting the claws before beginning to knead the tense muscles along his spine. Lace sighed heavily, wishing he could be as hopeful as she. It didn't matter how many times he twisted and turned the subject, it always led to the same conclusion. He loved Mirage, in a very painful, very greedy sort of way that set his guts on fire whenever he thought of her together with the halfbreed. He'd never thought much about Vikram before, and when he had in the past it had been as a powerful stallion, a great asset to the herd... Now he would rather see the scaled stud take off somewhere and not come back, knowing fully well how unlikely that was to ever happen. Why would he, when he had the love of the DragonHeart and two daughters to prove it?

Swallowing back the bitterness that threatened to consume him the white maned horse shifted the weight between his legs in an attempt to make himself more comfortable; he'd allow himself a bit of rest before beginning the journey back north - though maybe not back home right away. The Edge had been feeling stifling as of late, and Lace much preferred the endless darkness to the veiled forest with its gleaming mists.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
A sound of Silence - by Lace - 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Yseulte - 07-07-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Resplendence - 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Lace - 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM