the Rift

[OPEN] A Pleasant Welcoming; Harmony, Open, Joining

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]
Kali takes the compliment with her usual delight; I, with my usual chagrin. The brat preens happily, purring and pretending she did not hear the words. She shifts, taking pains to show off her gold-tipped tail and razor talons. As familiar as she is with the world at this point, she still fails to understand just how perturbed equines can be at the sight of a half-predator half-other-predator snowy white show-off like her, and the painted mare is not making things easier. I force a smile onto my face, dark eyes only slightly dimmed by discomfort. "Her name is Kali; you've already made her quite fond of you."

Babes with babies; the mare seems so young to be calling this one her child, yet I have seen younger and far less enthused. New, comments Kali, distracted from her beauty routine. But old? She sounds confused and I can understand why, even if the situation here seems all too familiar for me. They must not be blood, just... bound by love, I suppose. Kali mulls the idea over as I turn back to the infantile pair. The 'mother' rests easy, proclaiming herself a denizen (another I do not know. Wonderful.) yet it is the filly who catches my eye, suddenly fleeing to cower behind the mare's legs, eyes fearful and caught onto my back. And this is why you don't show off. It takes Kali a second to follow my attention to the child, and as she does I feel her confusion. That an equine should fear her is beyond her comprehension; she trills concernedly at the small creature, arching her neck around my withers to better gaze at the child.

I sigh. Thank goodness Tandavi is not such a skittish thing.

"Hey, little one- what's your name?" I glance at the mare as I approach, careful not to overstep her comfort. Kali continues to trill, talons gripping painfully into my haunches. "My name is Rishima... my sister is Mirage, a mighty Dragon Queen of this land. This is Kali, my magical friend. We would love to welcome you here, to your new home... it's filled with many creatures like Kali, but don't worry, they all just want to be your friends. What do you say?" My voice is a low hum, melodic alto attempting to soothe the child in my own awkward way. It's rare for me to care this much what another thinks of my little brat, but children... after having my own, I suppose I see them differently. Innocent things still untainted by the world's darkness, perhaps it is important to keep them pure.

I straighten up, suddenly remembering the presence of the two mares. Well, fuck it, let them think what they like; I'm the authority figure here, after all. Head pulls up, neck arching elegantly in some semblance of poise; I know I strike an imposing figure when I want to, and I know that I'm only doing it to hide my own discomfort, but who cares. "Though I know you are already residents, allow me to extend a belated welcome. Should you need anything, I am... around. Rishima the advisor. Sister of Mirage." Awkward head bob. Can I go yet?

[ ooc || Sorry for the wait! ]

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Pleasant Welcoming; Harmony, Open, Joining - by Rishima - 08-04-2013, 03:28 AM