the Rift

[OPEN] Without a friend

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Sielu
All flowers wilt

The world got rapidly dark; and with it came silence. A dreadful silence that threatened my soul and shook the core of this body until it trembled. My smoky mane and tail, once playful and childlike in its dance—was gone. Not a single sliver of mist remained. I cried that day, silver tears rolled down each cheek and fearfully like a babe I clung to my Momma’s side. She was just as bemused, not as fearful as I; though how could a child tell of a parents worry?

Now I stood by and by, grazing by Momma’s side and hiding behind hindquarters when strangers, or even known clan members approached. They looked at me with either pity, or despise—making me feel as if somehow this was all my fault. I grew to hate their stares, and a cold expression fell over this soul. The darkness hide my baldness, and was perhaps a comfort instead of fear provoking in these hard weeks. I cleaved the shadows, and mulled over not being able to understand why this was happening—why everyone had lost their magic.

Momma had told me something about the gods, how they had left us alone in this new existence. I thought about them and wondered…why? What had the grownups done to offend these creatures that seemed to give us power? But my questions, voice, all remained silent—a shield within myself that was without blemish or break. Until this night rose from our land, my voice would remain forever silenced; and perhaps…my innocence.

Messages In This Thread
Without a friend - by Sielu - 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Without a friend - by Roland - 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Without a friend - by Farenjer - 07-11-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: Without a friend - by Sielu - 07-28-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: Without a friend - by Roland - 07-31-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Without a friend - by Farenjer - 07-31-2013, 11:00 PM