the Rift

Innocence of the Stars

Avarielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I smile at the mare's reaction to my bow, even if she isn't one of position it was worth the effort if only for her reaction. I laugh along with her at my blurted questions, such a freeing feeling. I feel comfortable around Kahlua. She is so bright and welcoming chipping away at my usual reserve for strangers easily. I listen intently as she answers each of my questions.

My head is left reeling by the mare's words. "Winged and horned companions?" Surely she is referring to other animals, possibly the birds and deer, not other horses. But why would she be shocked at the sight of birds and deer? My heart races at the possibility, the thought of gliding through the air on a pair of wings has me near dancing with excitement. I can't hold back from throwing my head back and neighing to the sky in celebration. In that moment I know that my future is rooted in this land.

"I suppose I'm by myself right this moment, but I was taken in by the members of the World's Edge, a large herd that serves as my family now."

I feel my body warm at her use of the word family. I had never really had family. After being torn from my mother at a young age and sold into the military Torolf was all that I had. Both were dear family to me, but I longed for more. This could be my chance to be in a large herd.

Kahlua's face darkens when she talks of the trees, though beautiful I realize these trees are constant reminders of a current struggle. "The sun has not risen in weeks. They say it has to do with the Gods, though I know little of them.” I feel a bit guilty for still finding the dark comforting.

As I am reaching out to comfort Kahlua she brightens right back up, instead I reach my head down and pretend to scratch my leg.

“Homes here are plenty, though, and I'm sure you'll grow to love it despite the darkness. Thor the Gentle Heart welcomed me with open arms to the Edge. There are other herds as well, some my allies and enemies only because of my home. I can't say why, the rivalries have a history in Helovia much longer than my own. Politics!”

Thor the Gentle Heart.. promising name. I feel a little less anxious about approaching about joining his herd. Then I realize I've jumped to conclusions assuming that the mare was going to invite me to follow her to her home.

"Doesn't matter what path you take you always seem to be facing enemies," I shiver as memories from battles flash through my head. I remind myself that I have left my past behind and join in with Kahlua's infectious laughter. Smiling I ad, "Politics are nothing more than rationalizing throwing giant temper tantrums."

"Do you think Thor would accept me also? How should I act? How far are they from here?" This time I take the time to space out each question, "I think I may be getting better at this" I laugh and wink at Kahlua.

Messages In This Thread
Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM