the Rift

[OPEN] Stars Come out at Night [Avarielle, Acceptance]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

“I don't think everyone has a job. I think some are happy to just be a part of the herd. I'm going to try and be a crafter- there are horses here with beautiful magic to create. I want to be able to do that...” She trailed off briefly as she was answering the draft mare's question, her thoughts drifting to the days when she would be the Glazier in the herd. It was lucky she had stopped talking; the draft mare embarked on a lengthy speech which Kahlua forced herself to listen to. Not that it was paining to do so, just that she had been lost in thoughts of her future. At the draft mare's conclusion Kahlua smiled again. A kindly smile, full of ambition but also a genuine like for this other. She didn't notice the black mare's strange sentence at the end, it was full of nuances too subtle for her to pick up on. “You're my first friend too...” she said, finding that she really hadn't made any friends despite being here for many weeks. Onni, of course, but their relationship was tense and hardly what a healthy friendship entailed. As the mare began to run, Kahlua followed suit, secretly hoping the draft mare would not want to run too far. Despite her great size, Avarielle seemed to have excellent physical fitness. Kahlua did not and knew that she would not be able to maintain a run from here to the Edge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, here we are, the edge. I hope you like it. More than that, I hope Thor likes you. So make me proud Avarielle, show them your best side. Because really, all of this reflects back on me. If you look bad, then I look bad for bringing you home. And we just can't have that, can we? I'm sure they'll love you though. Big, brutish. You could easily be a warrior. Or anything else, I suppose. But like I said, just make me proud.
As the pair came up to the boundaries of the Edge Kahlua halted and looked to the draft mare, indicating that she should do the same. “Newcomers must wait at the border,” she said simply, hoping the draft mare would understand. Had she been a scholar, Kahlua may have wondered if this was really out of respect or if there were historical and political reasons for the decrees. They seemed to be in place at all lands. As it was, she wondered little except who would come to greet them and when they would do it. To her knowledge there was only a limited handful of horses that could accept members. One day, she dreamed, she would be one of them. “One of our herd officials will come soon, I hope. But don't stress, my friend, the future is warm and bright even in all this cold and darkness.” It was probably one of the most poetic things she had said in a long time. She couldn't help but laugh at herself, the words sounding somewhat foreign on her tongue. “Welcome home,” she added finally. Though not officially the draft mare's home yet, Kahlua could see no reason why it wouldn't be.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Stars Come out at Night [Avarielle, Acceptance] - by Kahlua - 07-11-2013, 07:52 AM