the Rift

Reduced to memories

Leovan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Astounded, my gaze slowly inhaled the sight that lay before my hooves. I could arch my neck to its very limit, but the archaic wooden castles seemed endless even as they disappeared in the ceaseless dark. Even at the height I stood they towered well beyond my reach in their countless numbers, barely prominent in the translucent light of a few illuminating orbs. I stood rigid, as if any sudden movements would awake the tranquil giants, but as I regarded the glowing orbs in all their beauty an overwhelming curiosity beheld me. Tryingly, I extended my right leg from the knee-deep spume; which by the way had an irritating habit of clinging to my leg mane, and nudged the lantern. A crackling sound could be heard within; the light flaring as if I had somehow agitated it and I hastily withdrew in anticipation of menace. Honestly I was unsure of what to make of the situation. Never before had I encountered a sight quite like this and I felt strangely alienated, far from home as I was. A flare of bitter melancholy strafed my thoughts as the bold cliffs of my childhood came to mind in my greatest need of something familiar to cling to. The shrieking gulls above the spawning tide, sailing the air currents as steams of silver washed through the bay at the edges of the shore.. A stroke of wind gently tugged my mind, mane and the petite, though heavy bead that thumped soundlessly against my shoulder, disturbing my trailing thoughts. Somehow, at the feel of my greatest possession, all my doubts and fears were set aside, like the wind drove the great ice flakes of the Endless Ocean away from sight. I shook my sable neck, muscles bulging under the deck of my hefty winter coat and sighed heavily, plumes of smoke rising from my crimson nostrils. My whole life had been reduced to memories, talismans and hopes of remission. I couldn't go back now, could I?

And with that I set in motion.

Messages In This Thread
Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-12-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-13-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-14-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-16-2013, 07:42 AM