the Rift

[Asylum] A Tattered Note

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Weary travels set close to no toll on my fit, pristine body. The muscles rippled beneath dark, thin fur, yet stayed curved and rounded in such a feminine way. I was born into a good life in my mind's eye; provided with every thing I needed at its' minimum, raised as a warrior in nearly every sense. My sire had raised me more than my dam had really. The only connection I ever had with the mare was during my weak, gangly stage that forced me to suckle from her teats in order to live. I suppose if she had not been in the picture at all I could have nursed from another female, but that was not the case.

The stallion who I looked up to was the most brutal killer -the leader, in fact- of the clan of blood thirsty animals I made my life with. Any soft hearted, fuzzy headed clown that dared come around our vulgar, destructive family had been either driven away or killed. I tended to believe that it was the best thing to do, to kill them. Some of the things the fools had come across had been stomach turning enough for even my twisted mind to consider disgusting. Mares stolen from out cast herd were often raped, forced to raise the young of the abusive brutes that I had befriended during childhood.

My father, thinking strictly for the security and well being of the herd, figured that two warriors breeding together would make a well oiled killing machine; therefore I was impregnated at a very young age by an older stallion of the herd. I had hoped for the seed to not pass through my body to actually create a living being, but my prayers were ignored, and I soon began to swell and become out of shape. I had not kept track of the life inside of me due to being so concerned with the warriors' whereabouts and conditions constantly, but I knew it was far too early. The beast emerged from my body still pink and disgusting, the sight nearly making my body quiver in agony. Though I had been taught to not present very much emotion toward family, the previously dead body crept through my thoughts daily, hourly.. constantly.

Time passed slowly, I was becoming numb to the mental pain that seemed to linger. I told myself that I was sick, not that my body was not strong enough to nurture another being. I quickly leapt back into the bloody game of war; the craving of blood, sweat and sheer pain was too outstanding to stay away from for long. My sire kicked me back into shape as quickly as he possibly could, threats of all kinds driving my desire to become better. My body was once more a weapon.

My pulse beat slowly, the rate staying at a steady thud thud, thud thud. Rounded, dark hooves touched down on the cold ground in a pattern that nearly matched my heart beat. Darkness cloaked this new land; on my ventures I could see the sky being eaten away in the distance. It seemed that I had closed my eyes for a split second and opened them to an eternity of black. This place reeked of hundreds of bodies, allowing me to believe that this must have been a heavily trafficked area. My eyes were playing tricks on me, creating monsters out of the simplest forms around me. Trees turned to spider like creatures that lurked over head, threatening to scrape their long fingers along my spine. Small bushes that dotted the ground seemed to giggle and hop up, following me with baby steps when I wasn't paying attention.

I moved along in silence, harks casually rotating around in search of any sounds. I noted the unnatural colored vegetation that seemed to be leading me along to some unknown location. Vibrant pinks, greens, blues and other odd colors grew in the form of trees, their leaves matching the strange colors. The amazing train of white that grew from the end of my spine cascaded around my back legs and onto the ground to gather debris as I moved, dragging leaves and sticks along with me.

My mind was wandering back home, leaving my body in this dark abyss of loneliness. What was my family doing? My father, he was surely wondering about me as well. We may have not been best friends, but I know that I was important to him. Other wise he would not have coached me through life. My heart warmed at the thought of their gentle faces.. toward other family any how. My chest then began to ache as I realized that I would surely not see them again... that I was now all by myself. But I had been raised to not become attached to any one. Emotional attachment always resulted in pain some how, no matter what the situation ended up being. There was no happily ever after in real life; only the foolish could believe that.

I halted just before the ominous glow of a blue tree, the color reflected gently off of my dark hide. Purple eyes stared at the strange tree in awe, curiosity certainly taking the best of me as I let my mind attempt to piece together what would make this tree radiate such a gorgeous color. Surely it was nothing natural, I knew better than that.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
[Asylum] A Tattered Note - by Agrona - 07-15-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: [Asylum] A Tattered Note - by Eris_ - 07-15-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: [Asylum] A Tattered Note - by Agrona - 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: [Asylum] A Tattered Note - by Eris_ - 07-15-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: [Asylum] A Tattered Note - by Eris_ - 07-16-2013, 09:35 PM