the Rift

Beyond the Looking glass

Escaflowne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Escaflowne
I'm always searching for something more.

Midas looked down at me and his gaze was kind, his gold eyes, as gold as mine! Washed over with sympathy and hopefulness. Was that for me? Was he hoping that I would rise forth to claim his offer of a safe home? Instinctively I blanched though he couldn't see that, I kept the fear wrapped safely in the confines of my mind this time. Not that it would have made a difference, I was ready to fall apart beneath the snows frozen weight as is. My wings were more like a second leather skin as the water weight suction cupped them too my sides, I was unable to move them and the muscles in my spine protested. I shuddered and cast my gaze back to the ground, unsure of how to meet that hopeful stallion in the face. Did I confuse him? Did I confuse him as much as he confused me? Perhaps if he knew that it would be easier to tumble over the words I needed.

Alas I remained silent a moment longer, my thoughts racing as quick as a cat. Touching one idea and fast leaving it for another more attractive, I couldn't stick to one thing I wanted. What was I supposed to do? Accept his offer, follow him to the place called Dragons Throat and make my home there? My smoky flesh crawled at the word, home. I knew where my home was and it most definitely wasn't this Dragons Throat place. But... I didn't want to stay here, I let my observations travel back out to the darkness. The dim light of the mysterious, naked trunks had lightened a little, their yellow glow now swirling with a brief lick of gold. I watched it for a minute, thinking. "Milly always said... She always liked boys, said they were big and powerful. I don't know, I kinda think their a bit icky, buggy..."

I lifted my head toward Midas and stretched my small nose the last few inches to touch the trunk of his leg. "Can I meet him?" I warbled softly, eyes downcast so that the stallion wouldn't see the prickle of sadness there. I didn't really want to meet this colt and I didn't want to go to Dragons Throat. But I was scared and didn't want to be left alone, so what else could I do except follow the trail of security Midas offered me? I flared my nostrils, and leaned.
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-15-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM