the Rift

[OPEN] !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

The night is dark and full of terrors, or at least that is what they say. At times I believe them, but sometimes I do not. This is one of the latter times. The night presses in around me, but it wraps itself around me, pulling me into its embrace, almost like a lover. Gaucho, my mind whispers, but it is an errant thought in an empty skull. There is little that catches my attention tonight as I stand atop the creation that is partially mine, and partially of those before me. I had sought to protect those I loved, I strove to build something to keep them safe. But the gods have gone, and our magic with them, and so I am again powerless to stop what may come. I shed no tears; I feel no pain. There is only acceptance now, a deep melancholy that settles in my bones, a cold and unwelcome knowing that this night might well be our last.

We are not without enemies, the Dragon's Throat, and it is not without a heavy heart that I sleep. Perhaps if I had pushed myself a little harder, worked a bit longer into each night before this... perhaps if I had avoided Gaucho's advance, if I had not become laden with child... but no, that was before my gift had come, and I would not give up my daughter for the world. I could say the same of Skysong - I will always say the same of Skysong - but my heart aches for her, and for my lost firstborn Diniel, and for my missing mate Note, and for all those I could not save before Helovia. I am surrounded by sadness and loss, it would seem, carrying nothing with me but suffering for those whom I deign to love. Perhaps it would have been better if I had simply declined Rowan's offer to come to the Dragon's Throat, if I had passed through Helovia as I had so many other places, a leaf on the breeze, floating wherever the wind might take me. Had it been a better life? No. But had it been a safer life?

Perhaps it had been, for everyone else.

A voice interrupts my dark musings, and I find that it is one I recognize. Zenobia sleeps in the heart of the Throat, safe within the confines of the herd, and I must return to her soon, but for now I believe a talk with one as wise as Rasta will do me good. I like her, and I respect her, though I know so little of her. My hooves clang softly against metal as I make my way carefully down one of the ramps, and then they thud softly into sand. I would never have dreamed that I would love the desert as I do now, but I suppose I have never thought to have multiple lovers, either. One must adapt, or one will die. That is what they say. As I see it, it is indisputable truth. "Miss Rasta," I greet her warmly, wanting to reach out to brush my muzzle against her shoulder in welcome, but being too shy to do so.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM