the Rift

[OPEN] !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia]

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
even rivers start as mere droplets falling from the sky
</style>

The comfort of my mother's wing draped across my own shoulders did little to dampen the smile that had curved maw. Rather, it broadened its reach. I leaned into it, whickering warmly, even as her gentle nudging against my nape aided my balance in putting my feet beneath me once more. I crooned gratefully to her, leaning my similarly pale hide against her own, wondering at the simple differences in shade that existed between the dark rim of my feathers and mane, and the pale magnificence of my mother's bodice. I look to the friend she indicates, Rasta, and observe that she is of pale bodice too - were all great mares pure and white, with no markings to obscure their brilliance? When I grew up and learned all there is to know, like my mother, would I too hold a hide of sheer, pure ivory?

I followed my mother's instructions, stepping forward gingerly to greet the mare without wings. The smile on my face is kind and childish - I am too young and ignorant to understand that the blankness of her eyes is truly a blankness to her ability to see me - and my velveteen nose reaches out to her in greeting. "Hello," I murmur quietly, with a light laugh curling the word at the end, as I grow shy and bashful at potentially being caught in the middle of all the attention. They mostly seemed to speak over me, though I heard their words, I didn't truly grasp what it was they were talking about. I watched the equine maiden strike the earth with a sure, hardened foot, I saw the way the sand moved outwards from the impact. Mother mentioned not feeling a thing, and I merely shrugged, not entirely sure what it was we were feeling anyway. Even though I have very little clue as to what they are talking about, I wonder with some cheek curving a smirk onto my maw, whether I could help them further.

"Want dance?" I asked them both, nudging them happily, before bounding away, making sure my hooves pounded into the earth in my playful rhythm, just like Rasta's did - only more repetitive and potentially more disastrous. I laugh again, enjoying the freedom that was being a youngster safely and ignorantly tucked within the walls of my home.

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia] - by Zenobia - 10-09-2013, 01:33 AM