the Rift

Fly me to the moon and back.

Skylark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skylark
I've got a ticket for a world where we belong
Skylark ran with youthful abandonment, darting and weaving through the forest of the threshold. He reveled in sound of his heart in his ears, and the feeling of his side expanding to accommodate his will to run. For him, it was the closest he could come to flying. Lark was still so young and the weight of worldly matters and politics have yet to weigh heavy on his shoulders. His mane flailed wildly behind him. His tail wrapped and tangled around his legs, and occasionally snagged low lying branches. However, it was not something that slowed him down. Adrenaline and endorphin's flooded his veins. As he crashed through the wall of trees; He came to a crashing halt along the lamp tree lit pathway. "Ha....Haha...Hahahahaha" . The laughter boiled from his well compassed chest at a slow crescendo."Gods....that never gets old!" His voice echoed into the darkness as he spoke his feels out loud.

He trounced around in a circle as he came down from his high. Skylark had been so caught up in his run that he never noticed that it was mid day and the lights were still out. His pale blue eyes widen in shock as he realized that the only source of light was coming from the trees that went on indefinitely in either direction. "What the hell!?" His eyes searched either direction before turning upwards towards the sky. What was going on? Where had the sun gone? He was so confused. His chest heaved as he still worked to catch his breath and figure out where he was and what he should do next. He nibbled on the inside of his lip as he tried to make a decision. "Any many miny moe." Having left it up to fate he started off.

These lands were so different that where he came from. He shook his head. What had he been thinking leaving his home. Oh yes, it was youthful ambition. He had came from a herd that was over crowded and it was not unusually for the young colts to strike out on their on. He and few others had left at the same time, but it seems that he was all that had left. The others had drifted off as they had came into contact with other herds. Lark it seemed was the last hold out. His heart begun to pump with excitement as he could make out the opening of a clearing. Without a second thought his hooves begun to drum against the ground faster and fast as he drew closer. He struggled to reign in his need to run. The feeling was a beast straining against it's capture.

He entered the threshold without a single thought to the dangers that could be lurking in the darkness.

Perhaps it was time to throw down his anchor.
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Fly me to the moon and back. - by Skylark - 07-15-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Fly me to the moon and back. - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: Fly me to the moon and back. - by Antheia - 08-03-2013, 04:11 PM