the Rift

[OPEN] Escapist

Saga Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Saga
In the dark you tell me of a flower
that only blooms in the violet hour

Saga did not need or want Voodoo's pity. She could throw a pity party all by herself. An she has done so on many accounts, but today was not one of them. Her statement was a simple fact. There are many kinds of monsters in the world, it does not make them all evil. It is all about perception; How everyone else views one another. She saw herself as a monster not because she was truly evil...maybe a little morally ambivalent, but because she shattered the lives of those around her without a second thought. However, it was all in the past now. What can she really do to change it? She was trying to start over from anew, like a phoenix raising from the ashes! Oh, who was she trying to kid. She was simply a rag doll hoping someone would pick her up and call their own.

She met the red death's drilling gaze, unflinching. Her erect lobes twitched in reaction to his masculine voice. It took a moment to grasp at his answer as she stared at him. She noticed that everyone here truly had something spectacular about them markings, odd horns, and she was just so very plain. Even in her own family she was considered mundane. Balkin had been a beautiful dappled blue roan, with wolfish golden eyes and a pale face. Her bother Dain was similar in color and markings. But Saga had taken her appearance from somewhere down the generation timeline. An the unicorn that stood before her now, was just as remarkable as the rest. She coked her head to the side as she examined him. She had noticed the distant look in his eyes as if he was momentarily somewhere else. She wondered if he had come across a few of the monsters that lurked in the basin. Saga tried to pull herself together; to ask another question. " So, what has changed your agenda?" She tried to sound as casual as possible, but she was sure that if the entity cared he could tell that she was off her game.

She watched Voodoo, move in closer. Her eyes narrowed at the invasion of her personal space. She shifted her weight out of discomfort. He was so much closer now, and she could get a better view of his face. His red mask gave him a bit of an intimidation factor, but she was not one to back down from uncertainty. Instead she often found herself embracing it, much like she was doing now. He was maybe two and a half feet away from her. She could reach out her wind chapped muzzle and touch him if she had wanted to. Voodoo. Well, is that not an interesting name! She thought surprisingly to herself " Is there a particular meaning to your name? I have to admit it is strange." The question had slipped past her lips before she could stop it. She opened her mouth to try and take back what she asked, but she resigned her self to the fact it was already out in the air, and clamped her mouth closed. Instead she opted for and apology for her rudeness. " I am sorry. I did not mean to be offensive. I tend to ask a lot of questions and sometimes they pop out before I can put a leash on them." She stared at him wide eyed in the darkness. Her breath streamed out of her nostrils like dragons smoke.

It was serene in the silence.

Messages In This Thread
Escapist - by Saga - 07-16-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Escapist - by Voodoo - 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: Escapist - by Saga - 07-18-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Escapist - by Voodoo - 07-18-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Escapist - by Saga - 07-19-2013, 10:32 PM