the Rift

[OPEN] Lost Hope

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

My company seems willing to join my side, continuing his downtrodded pace but turning more in my direction. This small gesture brings a small illumination of a smile to my lips. I feel at once the joys of a potential friend once more, despite my initial intentions being to help him find whatever it was he had lost.

The formality of a bow is not something I am used to, however, and I fear that my eyes widen slightly in surprise as he takes to a strange position. I attempt to push the waves of uncertainty and questioning off of my pale mask, replacing the same gentle fire of welcoming. Despite being born the daughter of a leader, I have never and would likely never consider myself a lady demanding respectful gestures. I am not my mother, as we all know. Kri is an individual who garners the respect of all around her, while I simply try to avoid their scrutiny. Still, I should be polite to those who freely offer such respect, anyway.

I bow my head in response to him, not quite certain of my ability to kneel as gracefully as him. I have very little practice in the region of curtsies, after all. I chuckle slightly at the thought of being called a lady, amusement racing across my face as I we walk side by side. He seems to be troubled by my question all the more so, which I find to be surprising. Was he not looking for something? I let my sky eyes drift off his face, hoping to relieve some of the tension he is feeling, while Lyhty coos him a strange, small lullaby.

My ears flicker over in his direction as he speaks, a silent offering of my attention despite my eyes which remain face forward. I could understand perfectly his need for comfort in the darkness, for I myself faced demons that loomed in the shadows of my memory. Night. A terrifying time for me, having survived many horrors in the absence of the sun. "I have not seen Avalon," I say honestly, giving him an apologetic look. "However, I believe the Gods have vanished, for I feel no magic in my blood."

A smile greets him, perhaps unexpectedly after that last statement. "I know the Sun will return, though. He loves his children. We must remain brave until then."

WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Lost Hope - by Ahi - 07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Lost Hope - by Onni - 07-22-2013, 09:37 PM
RE: Lost Hope - by Ahi - 07-26-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Lost Hope - by Onni - 08-06-2013, 08:33 AM