the Rift

lightless

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Things were changing around her, and with Tonka and Chemical gone, she had her plan in mind. It was simple. Recruit members in the Threshold as they came weary and tired, build up and gain allies as she found ways to train her members, gather information, and then hit the blocks. She was going to get this done, and whether if she knew it was daylight or night, was prepared to head out to the Threshold. Just one problem.
Little Sikeax wanted to go with her mother.
Adrixaura had always been a loose parent with her child, and when Sia was asking politely for her mother to allow her to come along, stating she had gotten lonely and wanted to make new friends with Mommy, Adri fell for her daughter's adorable ways, and let her go. Except, Sikeax was a natural source of light. Her daughter had been born like the father, an amber champagne, straight horn that luckily matched her mother's same pale blue eyes and glew the same, and a weird blue circle marking on the filly's rump that turned the base of her tail a dark blue. Her mother got lucky when the child was born with her own eyes, except with grey flecks inside them.
Beside the mare, her white coat giving her a ghostly appearance, black leopard appaloosa spotting on her face, upper neck, and front legs making holes in her ghost body. Her mane and tail fell in elegance as she braved the cold waters of Frostfall and washed herself. Sikeax received a bath as well, through the foal's constant complaints. If they were going to the Threshold, as the temporary leaders of the Assassins, they needed to look nice so that they weren't just messing outcasts with hope and will to get things done.
Sikeax was already whining, bothering her mother over the issue of not finding anyone just yet. The filly wasn't the best at holding her tongue, and Adri repeatly shooshed her child up until the first sound other than their own broke the silence. The girl beside the woman hid underneath the safety of her mother, her height making her just short enough so that she wasn't stabbing her mother in the stomach. Adrixaura, on the other hand, stood tall, pale blue eyes searching the trees and darkness for the sounds. One fallen feather on the floor beneath her, she heard her daughter go "Oooooo...... Feather...." and reach down for it.
"Sikeax, please don't touch that. You don't know whose it is, and unless they gave it to you, then don't pick it up. Who knows what it has been in."
She listened as her daughter groaned as a reaction to being yelled at, her mother simply passing it off before walking through the brambles, clearing a path of the two. The child, left standing alone for a minute, took off at her best attempt at a gallop to keep her with her mother. When she came beside her mom, she smiled patiently to herself before looking ahead to see something interesting. Something she just had to see.
Going with the idea that her mother wasn't moving fast enough for her, she took again, as she was prone to, and found herself skidding to a halt before a winged stallion, blue light from her horn showing every detail of the terror and fear that plastered her face. Her own mother was charging through the brambles, panicking at the sudden take-off.
"Dammit, I should keep a leash on that child." Her voice had anger inside it, though her attempts to hide it weren't exactly the best. So much for being a good mother....
When she discovered her child, standing in front of a Pegasus stallion with frightened eyes, she almost had the fury and overprotectiveness of a mother to kill the Pegasus; mercy was found inside her, though, and she spared him an onslaught of hate. The child is here, let's not spoil her perfect little mind.
"Sikeax! Come back over here. Now. You've got me worried." The filly, panic still plaguing her, returned to her mother in a hurry, and went about returning to her safe place, underneath her mother's stomach where for sure she knew no one would touch her.
Adrixaura's pale blue eyes could of been in flames at that moment, but as long as her firstborn daughter was there, she had to bite down upon her silver tongue. It takes only a mere child to defeat the Devil's Advocate.
One deep sigh, and stares the stallion down. This one could be a recruit for the Assassins, and as desperate as she seemed, she was going to try him out. "Hello. I'm Adrixaura, leader of the outcast group called the Assassins. This is my daughter, Sikeax, training Doctor for the Assassins. Do you need a place to rest, a family to care and watch for you? We've got just that with the Assassins, if you wish to follow. Excuse me if I seem in haste, Sikeax is a very flightly child, and when she discovers something she likes, she'll go for it. We've just like to return home soon."
Yup. She sounded desperate, but with her head held high with grace and elegance, she wanted to look like a proud mare who wasn't just the temporary leader who needed help. Oh no, please don't let her look like that for the moment. And Gods forbid, Sikeax open that big mouth of her's.
Her voice had just turned quiet as she heard the voice of another, and turned her attention the new creature that moved in. Sikeax, in the friend-wanting ways, went straight to investigate. This time Adri stood and watched the mare who came in, eyes glued to her child as well. "Touch my child, and die, girl."

OOC: omg. I'm so sorry for how bad the ending is. I had just finished the post and then saw Wanderer's reply, so I sort of had to slap her being involved before I posted it. Ooops... xD
Also, Charks, be sure to finish your profile before getting too far!

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
lightless - by Eribor - 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: lightless - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: lightless - by Reizend - 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM