the Rift

lightless

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Children always have some type of curiousity, and as Adrixaura stared up the winged mare who Sikeax was steady investigating, another voice went through the area with a hateful tone. The blood in her veins automatically surged with fire and sparks shot down to the black flame inside her chest. Habit makes her a hateful creature, though with her prized child, she must make sure to keep herself in check. While Sikeax stands near the winged mare, her own small pale blue eyes looking over the mare with the beautiful pelt, the sound of "ooooooo" escapes her rounded lips. She likes to gaze over the beautiful, and give them compliments, yet as her mother calls her over in a soft, caring tone that mothers have special in their hearts just for their children, the child returns without complaint.
Adrixaura keeps her pale blue eyes upon the new mare, an Unicorn who doesn't seem to know how to hold her tongue from being rude (Adri, shut the fuck up. You're just as rude. No complaints, girlfriend. It's against the rules now), she finds herself hating the new mare more and more. The flame roasts the inside of her chest where the heart she carries for her daughter burns heavy. When the girl lays her head upon her mother's chest to listen for a heartbeat so reassurance when the other mare is being a 'bitch', or as far as her daughter would think (her mother was agreeing with the thought towards the Unicorn), a giggle slips her lips. Her mother, black mane flowing over her ears and head, lowers her head to her child's level and listens as her daughter whispers the reason of the giggles into her ear. The spotted mare laughs softly and nods her head before preparing herself to speak in a calm tone, just for the sake of her daughter.
"Sikeax is with me only because I care to make sure that in times like these, she stays close to me." Her voice has a certain pinch of hatred to it, and if you're listening carefully, is the bitch slap the mare who called herself Seele needed. The direction of her head and eyesight is moved when she raises her head, and looks towards the winged stallion, eyes watching the other mares with careful attention while she attempts to soothe a black flame. "Vagabonds and Villians that you speak of, Andromeda, are every where. We aren't free of them, and inside your coziness of the herd lands, protected homes of the Gods if you might say, you live in relaxation where you might as well roll over upon your backs, and sunbathe. In the wilds, we have strength, and are aware of our strength. We choose to be outcasts to escape the posh life style of the members of herdlands. The earth in the wilds is stony and tough, like it's inhabitiants. We have strength, and know of it. Tell me, Andromeda, does the Dragon's Throat that you reek of have strength that is earned, or is it gained in laziness when a God gives to it to you while you dance around on your hind legs like a dog begging for a treat?"
She catches her breath, relaxes herself. There is still anger inside her. There is the want to scream so many hateful things at the laziness of the winged mare. The horned one, other than her daughter, was the one she had such hateful thoughts toward, yet as the stallion speaks, she nods her head in politeness towards him. Her daughter follows suit, her young attempts at politeness hopefully going noticed. She tries.
Sikeax's eyes trail the stars before she looks to the stallion, and smiles softly. The hybrid filly has her personal child innocence that has always worked well for her, and as she makes eye contact with her mother, receives a nod from her mother as permission to speak.
"Excuse me, but I'm terribly sorry for my actions earlier. I'm not used to meeting winged horses like you, and didn't mean to scare you. Andromeda, you're very beautiful and polite as I might please compliment. Yet, Seele, I wish you were much more polite. Already, I've agreed with myself that I don't like you." Her eyes go to her mother, gleaming with joy and content, ready to receive praise from her mother, only to receive an annoyied and dumbfounded face from her mother. "Ugh. Excuse my compliment towards you, Seele. You're very beautiful as well and I think that maybe I would like you more if you were more polite." This time she smiles towards Seele, hoping for acceptance of her regret for what could be an insult. Her mother, on the other hand, looks upon the winged stallion.
She is piecing him together, wondering if he has a story to tell and the skills to be good in the Assassins. There is thin thoughts as of her daughter's comments to the others, but there is curiousity to this one. The Assassins are small, though they hold a golden idea.
For others who cannot receive justice to receive it.
"Excuse my daughter. She has much to learn. Yet, as the others have spoken of their homes, I have something to ask before I can give you some information of our home. May I ask of your name? We have all presented our's without caring to ask of your personal calling." Yes, she is getting the politeness down, but outside the lurking of her child, she is a different mare. Manipulation is such an amazing talent she has learned to arm herself with.
"Now, onward. The Assassins are an outcast group existing within the Frozen Arch. All of our members are our family, where as we would give every strand of our manes and tails to help another. Our goal is simple. To give justice to those who cannot receive it without asking for something in return. Now, would you care if I might tell you of the current issue as of the lack of Moon, stars, and daytime
"We do have everything that is normal with the world outside of her. The Gods have left to take care of an issue at the moment, and with them went the cycle of the days, seasons, Moon, stars, Sun, et cetera. They will return to us at some point. Our magic, which is gained once given out by the Gods themselves, has left with them. When the Gods return, all shall be the same. Is this understanding enough for you?"
Her voice might as well crack, as much as the rambler as she was. When a sigh, relentless for a breath of air, breaks out of her, her daughter giggles. Children......

OOC: Excuse Adri's rambling. Also, I'm terribly sorry for holding y'all up.

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
lightless - by Eribor - 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: lightless - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: lightless - by Reizend - 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM