the Rift

lightless

Eribor Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I began to grow impatient.

They bickered on and on, and for a time it seemed I would never escape their endless tirade. Not one of them seemed to take cue from my words, or even to pay me much mind. Andromeda criticized Adrixaura's choices; the silver mare shot back something about laziness and Gods, which would have interested me had I not been so intent on tuning the women out. That the Earth was followed here would have been hugely valuable information for me to glean; it would have caused my actions to be significantly different, would have prevented my temper from rising to the level I am shamed to say it did. Though, thinking back on the evening, I have to doubt my own words. Would knowledge of the Earthen God's existence in this land have prevented my anger? Would anything?

I was drawn out of my anxious reverie by the child's voice. The small thing was the only forgivable one in this damn mess, the only innocent; I tilted my head towards her, willing to give a moment of my patience to the filly's words. Compliments for me and for Andromeda, yet before I could thank her came the mother's poison, dripping and obnoxious from that silky maw. The way she asked left me more on edge that I should have liked to admit - was she attempting to point out their own mistakes, or had she accused me of witholding? Did she really care? Of course not, I snarled silently, but nothing showed on my face. I confess it was a struggle to keep the irritation from creeping into my tone as I responded shortly, "Eribor." I hoped she would be content with the answer, because she was unlikely to glean more information from me.

It was not enough. For someone who looked to be in such a hurry, she certainly took her time in describing the group of misfits she led. Assassins, an arch, more half-baked information about their gods. How much of it was for my benefit, and how much was merely boasting for the sake of the other mares present? I grunted a soft response to her final question, letting my irritation loose by shifting my weight, rolling my muscles, flicking my long tail at invisible flies. She, Andromeda, Seele- all seemed to have completely missed my words, and now manners drilled into me from colthood dictated that I was trapped here in the midst of these fighting bitches.

My patience was growing thin, indeed.

And then, as I began to feel I truly could take no more, it happened. Another one arrived. Blue and white and very lovely, the unicorn was something I would have admired on another night. The only mercy she offered was in sending Seele away; yet she took no time in replacing the red smeared vixen, her cold purr a grating knife upon my ears. She asked my name, but indirectly, and in an unusual lapse of chivalry I chose to ignore her question. She had come too late to see nice Eribor, and would be left only with the torn up scraps, the result of the bickering trio. Another offer of a home I could never enjoy, of a family of misfits and monsters who meant nothing, nothing, to someone who had once felt real bonds. Did these creatures truly think they could replace what I had lost? That any of them, the swarmy sluts, could ever, ever, even hope to fill the void left by the death of my people?

"Enough."

It came out as a dangerous hiss, quivering in the darkened air. If I had seen myself then I would have found a frightening reflection, one of crazed eyes and an erect hairline, muscles tensed and nostrils flared. My heavy hooves tore furious furrows into the earth as I spoke, anger pouring from my chest in demonic waves of pain. "Thank you for you kindness, but in all honestly- fuck off. I do not want your homes, your families. Believe me, I feel no longing to belong to you. You lurk here and descend upon the unwary like harpies, and then expect me to offer you some form of respect?"

I was panting lightly, my tail lashing behind my rump. But now that I'd begun, I was not going to let them off with a slap on the wrist. I took a breath before continuing, softer now but just as furious. "You don't know me. You have made no attempt to know me. You don't know what I am, what I'm done. Why am I here? Perhaps I killed a stallion. Maybe two. Perhaps my whole family is dead, and the fault is mine. You call Adrixaura a fool for bringing a child to this place, yet you have all put yourself at risk, and isolated your only potential allies with cruel words and baseless hatred. You are all fools, and I would rather find my way alone than cast my lot in with you."

Messages In This Thread
lightless - by Eribor - 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: lightless - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: lightless - by Reizend - 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: lightless - by Smoke - 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM