the Rift

lightless

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
She doesn't want to fight, not surrounded by company and a foal, yet the mare picks at her nerves. No matter how steely and patient Andromeda may be, her patience thins. Instead of focusing on a snappy retort, she stays silent; if the naive mare believes this is a triumph, than let her think so. The Dragon Throat is a strong home, and she has never known a single soul to be weaker than the iron walls protecting it. For a moment, the pegasus mare half-wishes she could throw it in Adrixaura's face, that no matter how strong the Assassins supposedly are, they are too weak to compete with any herd. Yet she would take the higher road; there would be no need today to fight to defend her supposed honor; no need to fight, or battle, in the winter when horses were starved and death stalked among them all. Instead, the ebony feathers upon her starry wings rustle silently in a ghost of a murmur, and she turns her head.

The blood-stained mare is replaced by another, she too who repeats words wasted on the stallion's hardening face. When he spits words from his mouth, acidic and hot, Andromeda cannot claim she is surprised. For a moment, she teeters on the edge of hot anger- she hadn't tried to push a choice on him, hadn't she said that? But she didn't bother forming the words.

She opens her mouth to speak, "cool as a cucumber", when yet another mare appears. The star-spangled pegasus resists the urge to heave a great deep sigh in her chest, as the mare offers yet another home as Eribor had precisely asked them not to. Was it so difficult to understand the meaning of 'fuck off'? This mare is an ambassador of the World's Edge, heralding promises of offering family to the stallion who just shunned the promises given. Andromeda understood this; she didn't have to like it, but she understood it, how he was angry, even if she didn't understand why.

For another long moment she mulled it over.

"Eribor, I can say I understand why you're angry." she began- a little smile curled her lips, genuine and soft and small- "I do understand, some of it. We are just jumping onto you, aren't we? I apologize. I'm sorry; I've never been thrown to the wolves before, with none at my back or at my flanks. I'm not going to try and pull you to my side, march you back to my home. I'm not a fool, Eribor; I wouldn't bring you back without getting to know you along the journey. I wouldn't think to put my herd in possible danger." She pauses, her starry features somber. "I will accompany you, get to know you, if you would allow me; maybe you can even find a friend in me." It was then she turned on her smile, full wattage, but it wasn't cheap or plastic.
AndromedA
I will fly among the stars for eternity
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
image credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
lightless - by Eribor - 07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-18-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: lightless - by Seele - 07-18-2013, 06:34 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: lightless - by Adrixaura - 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: lightless - by Reizend - 07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: lightless - by Eribor - 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: lightless - by Smoke - 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: lightless - by Andromeda - 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM