Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum]

Merrikh Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I cannot pretend that I felt any regret
Cause each broken heart will eventually mend
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread
Someday you will be loved

I was a stark contrast against the darkness plaguing this land. A newcomer, I was unaware of the recent turmoil that had plunged the residents of Helovia into darkness. Fortunately for me, the stars were shining bright and clear in the pitch sky, delivering a gentle wave of comfort to wash over me. I had never fared well in the blackest of nights, so counted myself lucky to be in their presence as I entered this brand new world. For once, things seemed to be looking up for me, until I noticed the strangest medley of lights in the distance.

Beneath me, my feet froze to the cold ground and my body grew rigid. Were those trees... glowing?

The pulsating trees, eerie in their unnatural glow, were absolutely terrifying. I must have stood there for what seemed like forever, simply watching them all dim, flicker, and light again, all on their own times. Never in my days had I seen such a display, though as I stood, nothing seemed to change all too much... The blues of the trees were calming, but the red casted a glowering threat that had me reeling away, dissuading me from taking a single step further into this uncharted land. Surely if I stepped into the confines of this lit forest, something would get me, and it would bring to me my demise.

But if I didn't go on, then what else was there? Somewhere behind me, the ones I had once thought family were baring their crimson-stained teeth, daring me to come back so that they could tear me apart. Of course, not all of them had turned their backs on me, but there were plenty who were more than happy to end me where I stood if I did not move on.

So with a deep inhale that expanded my barrel to its limits, I lifted my feet and carried onward into this new world that I might come to call home, no matter how absolutely petrified I really was. As long as I avoided the crimson hued trees, I would surely be fine until the sun rose.

"blather blather blather"

[ooc - Anyone is welcome to join and do whatever, but I would like him to be in the Asylum. :3]

image credit

Messages In This Thread
Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Merrikh - 07-20-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Florabella - 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Merrikh - 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Florabella - 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM