Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum]

Merrikh Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I cannot pretend that I felt any regret
Cause each broken heart will eventually mend
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread
Someday you will be loved

Up ahead, there was the unmistakable sound of movement. The strange scenery laid out before me was enough to send my hearts into leaps and bound, thudding noisily against the walls of my chest. Below me, my feet had come to a stand still and my body had grown rigid, prepared to bolt at a moment's notice. Against the dim light, my eyes grew wide as I tried to place the location of the perptraitor, though I had little luck given the thick canopy that the many trees produced overhead. The eerie glow of the foliage didn't help either, playing tricks on my eyes as they worked through shades of blue, green and red.

Words were emitted from the darkness then, two that were given in simplistic greeting. Though there was no hint of threat behind the feminine voice, I nearly wheeled around and booked it out of the forest, but somehow I managed to get by taking only a few steps sideways. On any other day, especially when the sun was up and the trees weren't glowing, I might have kept myself steeled and unmoving in the presence of this stranger. Due to the circumstances, though, I didn't know what to expect. For all I knew, the one talking to me was some deceptive, messed up creature with three heads, ready to lunge out at me and take me down.

But maybe I was just being over-dramatic, as always.

Just yards away from me stood a mare, whose scent I rightfully didn't recognize. From what I could tell, she was a rich brown in color, her mane, tail, legs and muzzle nearly matching the darkness that had taken hold of the land on this night. Her head was held lower than my own was in a display of inferiority, though I wasn't completely sure why. Even with her head dropped, she still stood considerably taller than I, wider, too, surely more than capable of taking me down. But unless my earlier sentiments about her being some deceptive, three-headed monster were correct, then her voice lent me the smallest sliver of comfort knowing that she wasn't here to bring me any harm.

"H-Hello," I finally stammered in response, shifting uncomfortably where I stood, unsure how to handle the situation I had been presented with. What was I supposed to say? It was strange enough for me to be looking at somebody of my own species, rather than the bloody fanged creatures whom had raised me from foalhood. Any time that I had seen another equine, they were either running for their lives, or dead.

Sucking in a deep breath, I stamped a hoof roughly into the snowy ground, more in annoyance to myself than the bay standing before me. I had always wanted to befriend those of my own species, but never had I been given a chance, and I found myself, dare I say it, afraid to converse with them. "What... What is your name? I'm Merrikh. What is this place and why are the trees doing that?" I asked, casting a quick glance to the perplexing foliage before returning my icy gaze to the mare, lest she suddenly launch her attack.

"blather blather blather"

image credit

Messages In This Thread
Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Merrikh - 07-20-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Florabella - 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Merrikh - 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Someday You Will Be Loved [Asylum] - by Florabella - 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM